Comedian Ralphie May Detained in Guam for Pot

10/3/2010 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Ralphie May -- a finalist on the reality show "Last Comic Standing" -- was detained briefly by customs in Guam after he was found to be in possession of marijuana.

1003_Ralphie_May_GETTY_BN
May's rep tells TMZ custom officials found a small amount of marijuana -- less than an ounce -- as he was arriving in Guam on September 28. He paid a small fine and went on to do a series of performances there.

May says he loved his time in Guam and can't wait to return.

Wonder why.

durrr...

...where's 'GUAM"??!

Vonn

Why didn't he hide the smoke in one of his fat rolls? they would have never found it.

Charlie

And the question to "how did he get so morbidly obese" is answered.

Zippy T. Pinhead

I agree with most of the posters, Elephant Boy should refrain from munchie inducing weed!

Ha-HA!!!!

smoking weed really helps him be creative... he discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch!! No lie!!

Dina Lohan

Brush your teeth, disgusting

Serias

Some of you all need to lay off the weed yourself. The article says he was a Finalist. Means he reached the Finale. Does not mean he won.

Serias

Duh...Hey he didn't win last comic standing....Dhat Phan won...Whats wrong with people spreading the wrong information

Ralphie May

First of all I dont get the munchies from weed I have been smoking it for years, after a while you dont get the munchies. I am fat cause I used to eat too much and I didnt excercise. In the past 5 years I have dropped 300 pounds, I have lost a whole fat guy and and I am still fat, its a kick in the junk. But I am working on it.

Secondly, I am a very funny comedian but I am not everyones cup of tea, comedy is very subjective. I make literally hundreds of thousands of people a year laugh, and millions more around the world over my career. My weight hasnt helped me at all in comedy, as a matter of fact the discrimination I have experienced over the last 21 years has hurt my career. I think that funny women that are overweight get it discriminated in the same way. I am sure that comedians like Roseanne and Lisa Lampanelli have had their fare share of hateful comments and prejudice because of their weight as well. But because of their talent people love them and thats exactly the same for me.

To the people that comment negatively about me being fat, really??? FU. I am very happy and successful, I have a beautiful wife Lahna Turner, look her up and I have been blessed with two of the most wonderful children and man could ask for.

Lastly, I smoke weed instead of taking pain medication and anti-anxiety medicine and I have a license to do so. Fact no one has ever died from Marijuana and sadly prescription medication took one of the greatest comedians I have ever worked with Greg Giraldo, I loved him as a friend and was a fan of his standup comedy, as a matter of fact at the Roast of Cheech and Chong I gave him a standing O for his joke about me it was one of the best fat jokes I had ever heard and that it was about me was so flattering. If his doctors had given him weed instead of prescription drugs he would still be alive today.

Sincerely the Stoner

Ralphie May

PS I have great teeth and they are white so FU Dina Lohan

9inch

Do they pay this clown in cake?

How fat do you have to get before you have had enough...

Happy Heart Attack!

Fricken Shame.... even lil kids are fat now! Self controll bitches!

If you drank all day and could'nt work... people give you ****... whats the differnce? None... its all about self controll!

Joe

I watched the Guam Show and Ralphie is Hilarious!!!
He had everyone laughing from start to finish…He even talked about going through customs in his show.

Dal Gal

My husband and I LOOOOVE Ralphie and after seeing his show in Cleveland this summer, my belly hurt from laughing so hard! He's also very gracious about having his picture taken and giving autographs. Yeah he's a big guy but he's lost a ton of weight in recent years and get this...he doesn't drink booze!

Keep up the great work, Ralphie. I just think it's rotten that when we are kids, we did't have the money for weed; but when we are all grown up, we don't have a hook-up to score it! At least your score is legal in Cali!

moe

Ralphie is so funny! You haters are just ignorant. He's a great guy!

GENO MARCELLO

except for the beaches and beautiful women, what other reason would anyone have to go to Guam except for some of the 'blessed herb' that most of the islanders and all of the tourists smoke?

Dal Gal

On another note...I think that it is more of a revelation that Chaz Bono looks like Ralphie May, not vice versa!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments