Jermaine Commands Michael Jackson Army

10/4/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jackson squeezed into one of his old Jackson 5 costumes to perform a tribute to Michael in Vegas this weekend -- but the whole thing could ignite some serious family drama.

Jermaine Jackson
While cameras rolled, Jermaine performed a series of Michael Jackson's classics to a packed house at the concert hall at the Planet Hollywood Resort.

Here's the rub -- Jermaine is legally allowed to cover the MJ songs in concert, but if he uses the recorded footage to create and then sell a DVD, album or TV special -- he would need to go through the Michael Jackson Estate to secure permission.

So far, it's unclear if Jermaine did get the green light -- but if not, the MJ Estate could bring legal action against Jermaine to protect its most valuable asset ... Michael's music.

FYI ... Michael's kids -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- were all at the show.

MiMi

mmmmwuah..

136

@ mj is the sexiest man ever
( michael is alive.did any body see the video that shows that the timings of the news about mj in tmz and the titles of the news related to the bible yes and also the time of the finale court of doctor murray 18/1 is 18:1 in the bible and in the qoute says i am here and live forever ever.all of you shooul see that video i just saw it an it blew my mind .i cant explain it.you should watch to understand.even the non.believers shoul see it if you are truley a fan of mj

Posted at 11:43 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by mj is the sexiest man ever)

----
could you please post the link to this video ?

marcia

Come on guys there's nothing wrong with him paying tribute to his brother and not to mention fellow bandmate. They showed the guy singing one MJ song & you all act as if he did a whole concert worth of solo Mike songs.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of his voice, I do acknowledge that he can carry a tune & to be quite honest, he didn't sound bad at all singing Man in the Mirror. However there is no question I most definitely prefer MJ's version.

MiMi

@marcia

Jermaine did more than just one of MJ's songs.

He also sang "Bad", "Human Nature", "I Can't Help It", and "Smile".

One song would have been more than enough IMO.

MiMi

I can't help it if I wanted to.

And I'm so glad I found you

Your an angel in disguise...

nan

i think tmz always tries to portray the jacksons in a bad light including mj..and yet they show you pictures of the man who does cpr on a bed and out right lies to paramedics saving someone on an airplane.
i swear they have a direct line to that fools press agent.
nope , i am giving jermaine a pass on this one , i could care less. i dont want to get distracted from the more serious stuff.and i really feel that tmz is in someones pocket jmo

moni

I can't help myself but to feel somehow sorry for Jermaine.
I don't think that he did this tribute solely because of the money. He just wanted to be where he has always longed so desperately to be: In the center of the show – finally.
But it needed his brother's songs, and it needed his brother's death to get him there.
How sad.

Lee lee

I can't help myself but to feel somehow sorry for Jermaine.
How sad.

Posted at 3:17 PM on Oct 4, 2010 by moni

Well said moni ( big wave )

Its really quite sad. As much as I cringe at Jermain most times, you have said exactly how I feel. He the star of the show..finally. : (

Love Michael for the Man that he is..

People sing other artists songs all the time.. Jermaine is Michael's brother.. If anyone has a right to sing his songs it is him.. I also believe that there was/is alot of jealousy that Jermaine has had when it came to all things Michael. The thing is Jermaine while you were out chasing women and not working. Michael was working his tail off and making his career.. All the while getting harassed that he was gay cause he wasn't the one out chasing tail and making babies. Imagine that.. Just seems like damned if you do and damned if you don't.. That goes for both Michael and Jermaine.. Guess that probably goes for most of us in this world we live in.. Maybe we all shouldn't be so quick to judge others.. We all don't know others true lives, and what is the real truths.. But what we do know is that words can truly hurt others.. WE HEARD THAT FROM MICHAEL HIMSELF....

Meowcat69

MJ left the kids to his mother in a 2002 will. I wonder if he thought that he would outlive her, because surely he had to know that the vultures commonly known as Jermaine and Joe would be sniffing around the kids relentlessly. Trying to live off his children like they lived off him for years. And just my thoughts on the kids and their "looks" that everyone keeps jabbering about...I can see MJ in Prince and I think Paris looks alot like a young Katherine and of course Blanket has a resemblence that everyone seems to see. And there skin tone is similar to Jermaines kids skin tone. I wish the best for them, because I am sure they have heard alot of unsavory things about their father...we all have but thats their dad. I feel bad for them but at the same time glad to see them going about their lives in a seemingly normal fashion. Love you more, MJ.

moni

Hi Lee lee, BIG waves also to you – great to catch you up in these different time zones!

Maybe it's a big word to say that Jermaine must be traumatized. But we shouldn't forget that he – in difference to his brothers, who have always been "just" background singers – has already known what it is like to be the center of the group. I guess it's a terrible experience for a child to be dethroned by a younger (!) sibling who immediately gains more applause and admiration for his talent than you ever did. Probably a humiliation you'll never really recover from.

MichaelJACKSON

JERMAINE, REMEMBER HOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WISH IT WAS YOU INSTEAD OF MICHAEL?

SO DO I, JERMAINE.....SO DO I....