Laura Dern -- Shocked ... But Still Standing

10/11/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just days after Laura Dern was "blindsided" with divorce docs by musician Ben Harper-- the actress was out and about in Beverly Hills today ... looking like nothing happened.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt

As TMZ first reported, Harper filed for divorce late Friday afternoon ... and a source close to the couple tells us Dern never saw it coming ... because they had been traveling together throughout the year and were even intimate as recently as last week.

Harper cited irreconcilable differences. The couple has been married for 5 years.

JJ

She's a doll but just picks the wrong guys.

Good luck to her.

fran

I feel bad for her...isnt this the second time she was left by a husband and didnt realize there were problems..I am starting to think she is either very nieve, or lives in a fantasy world. good luck to her.

Andolini

She acted the same way when Billy Bob started messing with Angelina Jolie...ohh I didn't see it coming was her comment...AGAIN..

JUANITA

GOING FROM HER BIOGRAPY, SHE'S AN AQUARIUS, AND AQUARIUS PEOPLE MARRY A PERSON WHO NEEDS THEM, IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE HE'S JUST TAKING HER FOR GRANTED! OH WELL, BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME. I LOVE HER ACTING. SHE'S A NATURAL AND PRETTY TOO. I'M SPANISH AND THERE'S A SAYING THAT GOES LIKE THIS, THE LUCK OF THE UGLY ONE THE PRETTY ONE DESIRES IT. I'M STILL YOUR FAN LAURA, AND I HOPE THAT ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE. YOU DESERVE BETTER. JJ

Love you Laura

Hold your head up high Laura and remember you don't need him to support you. You have a career many actresses would kill for and can take care of your children on your own.

Things can only get better for you. You have a new show on HBO coming out and will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year.

Craig

Sheesh, she looks better than ever. I was in the fetal position for a year after my partner abruptly left me.

nkaltaras

DIDN'T KNOW LAURA DERN WAS MARRIED BEFORE, BUT IT WAS TACKY OF HER 2ND TO FILE AND NOT EVEN TELL HER UNTIL SHE READ OR GOT A PHONE CALL ABOUT IT! WHY ARE MEN SUCH CHICKEN ****S? NO BACKBONES WHATSOEVER!

Ron

Laura, come to butthead, I'll take care of your needs!

topherelli

"I don't want to work. I just want to bang on the drum all day." Todd Rundgren

Professional Musicians, like MLB, NFL, et al, PLAYERS, have no business getting married.

And she's an actress, for Shakespeare's sake.

Liz

I feel so bad for her. She was engaged to Billy Bob Thornton when Angelina "I'm a homewrecker" Jolie helped destroy that relationship too.

kickaboo

borrowed from us poster, look it up the spun facts. Laura Dern broke up Billy Bob Thornton's marriage to wife Pietra (they had 2 kids), and she also broke up then married with children Ben Harper's marriage - she was actually sleeping with Harper when his then wife Joanna was pregnant, when Dern got knocked up. That's why Harper's daughter from his first marriage and the son he has with Dern are only 2 months apart in age. . What I don't like about Dern, is that she wasn't even married to Thornton, just a girlfriend, when she insinuated that Jolie stole her boyfriend, and Thornton himself claims they had"

GMAFB

Don't shed any tears for Laura Dern. She's a serial homewrecker and she's getting exactly what she deserves. She deliberately went after Harper when his wife was 5 months pregnant and by the time Harper left his wife for Dern she was 3 months pregnant herself. It's the same crap she pulled with Billy Bob Thorton when he was married to Pietra Cherniak. She was also "the other woman" in her relationships with Jeff Goldblum and Renny Harlin. She's left a long trail of heartbroken girlfriends and wives as a result of almost every major relationship with a man she's had in her adult life. The fact that Harper dumped her as unceremoniously as he dumped his first wife for her? That's just icing on the cake. What goes around comes around. Dern didn't shed any tears for Harper's pregnant wife when he left her, so why should anyone feel sorry for Dern? You reap what you sow. She should have thought about that while she was sleeping with the married Harper in 2000.

Polly

I don't know -- I don't really ever believe it when a woman says she didn't see it coming. C'mon, girls, you know darn well we have extraordinary instincts about this stuff. I think she chose not to see it -- as for being intimate with her a week ago, that means nothing. People have sex without meaning or feeling all of the time.

RJ Hunt

I wonder if she is drinking and doing coke like she used to back in the day...she is sexy...in a strange way...

micah

Turn about is fair play. She did it to another woman.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments