« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Punter -- Busted for Being Waaaaaasted

10/20/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee was arrested last night and charged with public intoxication after a random woman called 911 claiming he was shirtless, "out of it" -- and tried to get in her car.

Pat McAfee Mug Shot

Indianapolis police found 23-year-old McAfee shirtless and soaking wet -- which is weird because it had not been raining.

According to the police report, cops asked the kicker how much he had to drink -- and he replied, "A lot 'cause I am drunk."  McAfee continued, "I know I am drunk, but does that mean I cannot walk home?"

Dude later took a breathalyzer test and registered a 0.15 -- almost double the legal limit.

We're told he's still in police custody ... "sobering up."

UPDATE: McAfee was arraigned and charged with one count of public intoxication ... a misdemeanor. He was released without bail and is due back in court on Friday.

0720_mugshot_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ilovegossip

Give the guy credit...at least he wasn't driving.

plum

PAT!!! We still love you!!!

plum

PAT WE STILL LOVE YOU!!!

george clooney

Disgraceful. In the ole days, this would not have been tolerated by the NFL.

Chris

Who cares. This guy is 23. He was out drinking in Broadripple like many other people his age. He knew he had too much to drink and wanted to walk home. He did something stupid by swimming in that gross canal, but he wasn't packing a gun or drugs and didn't beat his girlfriend like so many other football players. This shouldn't even be news.

IndyGirl

I agree with most people on here - he wasn't driving, so give him a little credit. Unlike other NFL players in the news, he wasn't in possession of a gun (& didn't shoot someone), he wasn't found with illegal drugs, he didn't assault someone (like his girlfriend/wife), etc., etc..
I live in Indy, and the Broad Ripple area (where he was found) is the college bar scene area. They get drunk people in the canal all the time, although I wouldn't recommend it (yuck)!
The team will hand down sanctions to him - Pollian & Caldwell don't mess around with public image. Something they have learned from the "troubled" Pacers (which began with Ron Artest) - the city no longer supports them. The city will not support a team of hoodlums always in trouble with the law...

mrspatrickcampbell

Please post link to nude photos of Pat McAfee!

jenn147147

He's a drunk..and OMG, I found out a good source:::::DonVuitton.com

plum

Atleast he didn't try to beat the crap out of a papertowel dispenser at Sheetz like Jeff Reed!!

SERIOUSLY !!!!!

At least he was TRYING to walk home rather than drive a car. Being shirtless isn't a crime either .. look at the gross Jersey Shore group! So what was the charge? Disorderly conduct? Public drunkenness? Being honest with the cops ABOUT being drunk??? Perhaps they arrested him for his own protection...that I can understand.

BTW is it against the law to over the legal limit and WALK home? I don't condone what he did, but where did he break the law? I don't think he resisted the police did he? He isn't get smart mouthed with them did he? Did he maybe RUN from them? If he was as drunk as he tested to be I'm sure getting into the woman's car was totally a mistake. I think she just got scared so she call the police.... this arrest is in a 'gray area' of law braking....

ColtsFan

Hey, TMZ!! You guys are really good at checking your facts first..... well maybe you should have this time too!! The Colts have a BYE week this week, so, no, he won't be suiting up!!

And IndyGirl: I completely agree with you!! The Colts will hand down a much harder punishment, if he gets to stick around, than the court system will. Partly because it's only a misdemeanor, but mostly because the Colts don't tolerate this kind of action at all.

Seth

My friend called me last night and told me he was with him. He bought around 6-7 shots. Poor guy cannot handle his liquor.

Seth

My friend was the one with him last night. He said he bought Pat around 6-7 shots during the night. Poor guy can handle his booze

If sense were common everyone would have it.

He should be busted for thinking he had the right to hitch a ride being as FUGLY as he is.

LCLM

How long before Peyton Manning calls him an idiot?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments