Billy Ray Cyrus: The 'Glee' Pics are Fine By Me

10/21/2010 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus -- a member of the Parents Television Council Advisory Board -- is upset with the Council's statement that the smoking hot "Glee" photos published in GQ are borderline pedophilia.

Billy Ray Cyrus

Sources connected with Billy Ray tell TMZ ... the singer is "disappointed" at the statement from Council Prez Tim Winter.  We're told Billy Ray feels like the Council "has recently been spending all its time attacking people rather than promoting family television."

The Council has also attacked Miley Cyrus for a sexy music video she recently shot.  Papa Cyrus -- who we're told was not consulted before Winter issued his statement -- is getting "fed up with the Council."

So whose side are you on?

1020_glee_gq_footer_v2

awards

Billy Ray is right!!!!

edge70

Really dude,nice hair. What are you thirteen years old?

Bill F. Murray

Coming from a s***bag who lets his 15 year old daughter shack up with 20 year olds right in his own home.

dawnmarie

Billy Ray is forgetting to mention HE is a member of the PTCAB. Not convenient when it's affecting his 'money maker'.

wasted days and wasted nights

I subscribe to GQ and when my issue arrived, I just thought something like, hmm, that show sure is getting popular, first it was the cover of Rolling Stone and now GQ, too. And that was it, nothing of pedophilia or anything weird or wrong. I saw the photo as a lucky duck with his hands on the bottoms of two babes smilin' for the camera and promotin' the show.

Sarahj

Give me a break. "Borderline pedophilia"??? The girls are freakin 24 years old!

Truth

FOR SOME1 WHO PIMPS OUT HIS OWN DAUGHTER, I'M NOT SURPRISED. HERE'S A SUGGESTION... WHY NOT DROP OUT OF THE PTCAB IF IT BOTHERS U SO MUCH?? WHAT A BEEYATCH!!!

FruitSalad

he needs to stop letting miley do his hair.

tool.

No comment

My problem with the photo is the women are half naked, the man is fully dressed. It plays on a man's fantasy of two women, while the women are dumb enough to compete over this average looking dude. I don't care if Lea Michele wants to pose for Maxium, but doing it as her character is in poor taste since her character is a teen. For those who say don't let your kids read GQ. Having been a teen myself I wanted every magazine my favorite teen idols were on.

Shell

well, of course he's going to be like that.afterall,he's allowed his daughter to become a skank, following in Britney's footsteps...sheesh..he's peddling his daughter out to creeps and he doesn't care.

Midz

Even though the pictures are fine! (seeing as they're all over 21 so there's nothing wrong!) The only reason why Billy Ray Cyrus isn't agreeing with the council is because if he did then people would complain that he's being unfair since his daughter has done much worse and she's not even 18!

wdg

Why is the guy fully clothed and the girls are half naked? To make it fair, Cody should be in his boxers.

Disguststed

I love the show - but, was very disappointed to see the cover of GQ. These actors or to have the persona of being high school students - they have a young fan base and how do you think my son and daughter felt when they saw that and they said, "well, now we can't really conncect with the show when we know they're doing that kind of stuff in their real life!" and I totally agree with them and think it's a very responsible answer! I was extremely disappointed that the photo shoot was chosen to be done that way.

And - I worked in the entertainment industry in L.A. for 10 years, 20 years ago so I know what the industry is like and they are allowing themselves to be treated this way (the actors). It should be about the integrity of the show NOT another paycheck!

Charolette

My problem is that this show is based on a teen setting if I am correct...so yes the pics are inappropriate. And Billy has been pimping his own daughter and allowing grown men to have their way with her...so of course he has no problem with it....killuminati!

Andrew

haha exactly! Miley isn't even 18 yet and she's dressing up in leather andddd all that and who wants to see that on a teen!? :/ ok if Miley would start this bad-girl crap as she turns 18, that's whatever because she would be considered an adult but It is sick and it's actually scary to think that she's doing this as a teen; giving child predators more to think about and plus would maybe make other men to become predators; thinking that teens are easier or something. It's getting scary and for that, Billy Ray sucks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments