« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops: Maloof Boozed, Popped Pills and Sped

10/26/2010 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Maloof -- part owner of the Sacramento Kings and The Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas -- told cops he was under the influence of Ambien and Corona when he sped down a Vegas street and lost control of his car earlier this month.

1026_george_maloof_doc_EX_2
TMZ has obtained the police report, which says Maloof was going 72 MPH in a 45 MPH zone when he lost control of his vehicle trying to make a left turn and drove into oncoming traffic.

Maybe more significant -- Maloof told cops he popped an Ambien 20 minutes before losing control. Oh yeah, he also said he had 4 Coronas.

Maloof's blood alcohol level was .091 -- which exceeded the legal limit and does not account for the Ambien reaction.

The arresting officer also stated in the report, "[Maloof] almost backed into my parked police motorcycle while siren and lights activated, twice."

One final thing, in the report, the officer said to Maloof, "Without looking at your watch, do you know what time it is?"

The cop says, "[Maloof] looked down at both wrists, before saying, 'I don't know.'"

As we first reported, Maloof was arrested on October 9 in Las Vegas -- and was booked for DUI, speeding, making an illegal left turn, driving without a valid license and having no proof of insurance.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lisa

Wow!!!

christy

I speak from experience (unfortunatley) those ambien
are bad news when driving. I had 2 drinks and an ambien
and drove 2 blocks and got pulled over for DUI. Driving
under the influence - doesn't have to be alcohol.

Cliff

Umm, Ambien is supposed to be taken before you go to bed. You take it, you lay down and you go to sleep.

What is with all the re-tards in this world who don't understand that?

Quinn

A few years ago I took Ambien for a bout of insomnia and I told my boss about it and he said "Don't drive when you take that!" ... I thought "What IDIOT would take a sleeping pill then attempt to drive?! ... obviously, they are out there.

mousetrap

Who the hell takes Ambien and then goes out driving. You would have to be nuts to do that. That s h i t knocks me out cold.

JLS

Ambien is a sleep aid. Who would take a sleeping pill and then go try to drive? Honestly, am I the only one that uses it to sleep?

pz

Christy, I don't know where you live, but two drinks and driving IS a DUI, even without drugs!

Duh

Anyone who takes an Ambien before doing anything except getting into bed is a moron. I have a 'script for it and my body (brain?) has adjusted but I'd do some pretty dumb **** when I first started taking it -- not being able to figure out how to get out of the bathroom after waking up in the middle of the night to pee, starting fights with significant other I don't remember, waking up covered in Girl Scout Cookies with the box still in my hand. It's called a HYPNOTIC SEDATIVE... I don't know how much clearer they could name its class of drug.

dd

Wonder what the NBA commisioner has to say about this.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

having two drinks is not driving drunk..pleaseeeeee
and unlike most poeple..i actually do drive better drunk and even better if i am on qualudes or uppers or downers..ambien hell we eat those like candy and then go racing around

Erick

Wow Driving drunk with Ambien in the system. Is this guy a Flipping Moron.

Bill Leslie

Too bad David Stern will give him a pass because he's white.

No comment

I take 1/2 an Ambien to sleep...it makes me woozy and then I am out within 15 minutes. I have gotten up and cooked on the stove without knowing it until finding the dirty dishes in the morning. It would be insane to drive on the sleep aid.

dsw

I've had a DUI. not proud. But I do not own a NBA team and a hotel/casino in Vegas. At minimum, take a cab.

TxMetalRules

Man the palms place is a nice hotel. hard to imagine the owner's a dunbass

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments