Miley Cyrus' Parents

The Marriage is Over

10/27/2010 5:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus' parents -- Billy Ray Cyrus and Tish -- are calling it quits after 17 years of marriage.

Billy Ray Cyrus divorce.
According to People.com, the couple filed divorce docs in Tennessee yesterday -- citing irreconcilable differences.

Billy and Tish -- who have 5 children together -- released a statement saying, "As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for our family. We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."

Story developing...

0709_split_footer

Feeniegal

I've only seen Tish one time and she was with Miley at an award show. That first impression has me saying..I'm not shocked at this development.

niyo

hannah montana......so sorrry!!!!!!!!

John Brown

Miley is out of the house and living with her BF.Will be 18 soon and bet she cuts from the Family fast.

stephen farrier

thay will getting back after spilt for 17th year of marriage when miley cyrus dated me on her brithday nov. 23th aright before my hollywood dubeted for my first movie nickeldon movie's H2O Just Add Water the movie and Miley cyrus parents will getting married again.

CHRISTIANA

HEY MILEY,
WE'LL TAKE YOU OUT FOR LUNCH WHEN U'R IN NYC AREA..
I'M 10 AND MY DAD IS 40. GOD BLESS YOU AND KNOW
I'VE PERSONALLY WENT THRU THIS MESS TOO!
CHRISTIE

Chuck

My heart goes out to the Cyrus family. Not only for the breaking up of your family, but for having to listen to the cruelty that the world dishes out at you. People, I want you to think about one of the saddest events in your life. How it made you feel. How the support you received helped you get through it. Imagine how you would have felt, if the people around you dished out the same kind of cold, cruel, heartless words that you just said to the Cyrus family. This world perishes, for its people have lost all their compassion. And the sad thing is, they don't even know it.

Haywood Matthews

This is sad no matter what.
You crap out 5 kids together and then what?
Someone has a ....(wait for it).... Achy Breaky Heart.

Haywood Matthews

76. are you serious?
I so don't feel your pain.
Are you as stupid as you type or are you having a bad keyboard day ?
(Shsssssssssss.. you daughter never had a chance).

rae

I think billy ray is the real deal. Tish looks like the trashy lush to me. He good to be done with her.

jandd1

you people are on here talking about miley, how miley is going to work through this, Well have you forgot that they have two other kids one ten and one sixteen, but i know who it is only focus on the must famous kid right.WRONG. noah is only ten so she is the one who is going to take this real hard. screw miley think avout the younger ones

Dee

Get facts strait he is not a 1 hit wonder hes done several things and had more than 1 big song and has alot of fans. HMMM from what I hear rumor is she cheated...

Kathy

Just an FYI, Tish manages Miley and is on tour with her at all times. In this day and age many marriages are breaking up for various reasons. I am sure they will continue to co-parent and be supportive of each other. Let them be, after all they are human and subject to the same problems we all are.

Kathy

@ steelie (comment 56): no need to do any math, if you followed his career: he divorced his first wife and married Trish who was already pregnant with Miley (may have already been born, I can't remember). They are no different than you or I, we are all susceptible to life's forces. There are always two sides to a story

Sunshine

This is suppose to be a Christian family. Where did their beliefs go? John 10:10.

linda

does anyone really care, I sure in heck don;t. THis doesn't affect me