What Oksana and Mel Are Really Fighting Over

10/31/2010 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The real fight between Oksana Grigorieva and Mel Gibson may not be about child custody at all ... we've learned the various lawyers who have been repping Oksana have been focused on a legal document created long before Lucia was born.

0928-mel-gibson-oksana-tmz-ex
TMZ was first to report the problem with the Icon Trust -- created by Mel and Robyn to provide for their seven children. The trust defines "issue" (aka children) as kids born from Mel or Robyn. When it was drafted, no one thought Mel or Robyn would have a child outside the marriage. Enter Oksana.

Sources connected with Mel and Robyn say no one in their family wants to screw Lucia out of her inheritance, but if she becomes a beneficiary in Mel's trust it would create some complicated tax issues.

So when Oksana and Mel broke up and struck a settlement deal during the mediation in May, the very first term reads, "Oksana consents to amendment of Icon Trust to exclude Lucia."

In return for excluding Lucia, Mel agreed to provide a financial package for the baby worth more than $8 million.

Sounds like a sweet deal. So why did Oksana disavow the mediation she signed? We're told the lawyers Oksana hooked up with after the mediation believed Lucia got royally screwed by giving up an interest in the trust. They told Oksana that Lucia would stand to get around $50 million under the trust agreement ... which they believe represents 1/8 the value of a $400,000,000 trust.

Sources connected with Gibson tell us the money in the trust is not even in the universe of $400,000,000 ... not remotely close.

But here's the deal. If Oksana's lawyers persist and Mel settles out of court, the attorney would get a percentage of the settlement. So they've convinced Oksana there's something in it for her ... and there's something in it for them.

wondering

i think it would be quite funny if one of the paparazzi video crew asked oksana on cam if it was true that when she was a child she had a sausage dolly....

Stacy

I bet I can guess which lawyer advised Oinksana to follow her greed.

"I think they got your number,
I think they've got the alias that you've been living under.
...was it the voices in your head calling ?"

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 1:20 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by me"

Cutting and pasting from Wikipedia is plagiarism. You have violated the Wikipedia user agreement by posting the above as is. I am sure TMZ frowns upon folks illegally posting in this forum.

Shame on you for trying to pass the work of others off as your own work!

Posted at 3:58 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Bubba

You mean shame for me trying to pass off intelligence as hers...lol

stef

Forget the extortion/abuse claims for a minute...why is everyone OK with the fact that Mel was screaming the 'N' word during his phone rants? A few years ago, it was the Jews he was freaking on...and he was forgiven. Now he's spewing the 'N' word, but that's OK????

Shuffle Demon

thanks shuffle demon.

Posted at 3:59 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by jechrist
-----------------------------------------------------
no problemo ... just thought I would spare you the psycho grabage babble some got to experience, I am sure you'd rather hear some cats fighting or something soothing like that instead...lol

Shuffle Demon

wondering... back at ya again... I think we are onto something...lol

Bubba

"160....
Posted at 1:20 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by me"

Shame on you for trying to pass the work of others off as your own work!

Posted at 3:58 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Bubba

You mean shame for me trying to pass off intelligence as hers...lol

Posted at 4:03 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Shuffle Demon"

Good point SD. She stole her long winded post from here;

Its about 1/3 down the page under "Celebrity worship and mental health"

Shuffle Demon

"160.......
Posted at 1:20 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by me"

Shame on you for trying to pass the work of others off as your own work!

Posted at 3:58 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Bubba

You mean shame for me trying to pass off intelligence as hers...lol

Posted at 4:03 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Shuffle Demon"

Good point SD. She stole her long winded post from here;

Its about 1/3 down the page under "Celebrity worship and mental health"

Posted at 4:08 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Bubba
-------------------------------------------------
The thing about that is Bubba, she is directing that at the people commenting in this threa... but yet she is here commenting as well day after day ranting and raving...so that would be just a little bit of a contradiction you'd have to think...lol

KPCATZ

Mel can leave his money to whoever he wants too. Any amount. It doesn't have to be fair equal parts. He can omit anyone too. Leave them a dollar. Whatever. He is obliged to pay child support that's it till she's grown. Also thats Robin's money too. She contributed to that trust. I don't see a problem. Looks to me Mel was and has been doing the right thing financially for himself and Lucia. This is a free country.

wondering

Posted at 4:05 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by stef

first of all as you pointed out, his phone rants...key word is HIS and it was a private conversation that was illegally recorded and used as a tool in an extortion attempt for financial gain.

second there is no law against the words he used, but there are laws concerning blackmail and extortion....

so what is the point your trying to make?
or is it just to cast dispersions upon others in an attempt to cloud the obvious legal issues involved here?

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 4:05 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by stef

so what is the point your trying to make?

Posted at 4:14 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by wondering
----------------------------------------------------

Why do I seem to know where this is going...

jechrist

thanks shuffle demon.

Posted at 3:59 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by jechrist
-----------------------------------------------------

Posted at 4:06 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Shuffle Demon

you got a laugh out of me shuffle, you might want 2 add.."or oksana singing"

wondering

Why do I seem to know where this is going...

Posted at 4:15 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Shuffle Demon

hahahah very true... hahaha

Shuffle Demon

thanks shuffle demon.

Posted at 3:59 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by jechrist
-----------------------------------------------------

Posted at 4:06 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by Shuffle Demon

you got a laugh out of me shuffle, you might want 2 add.."or oksana singing"

Posted at 4:15 AM on Oct 31, 2010 by jechrist
---------------------------------------------------
LMAO... OXSanity singing.... that's good.. I will have to remember that for next time...lol....cause I did listen to her croon a couple of her songs... and oh man... never again..

Stacy

I hope Mel doesn't settle. The greedy lawyers and greedy Oksana should not be rewarded for their extortion attempts in any way,
especially after the way they've slandered him.