Michael Jackson's 'Breaking News' -- The Real Deal

11/7/2010 8:07 PM PST BY Harvey Levin

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Michael Jackson Breaking News song:

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hoped for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
 "They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of  "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Hi HArvey. Thank for your input ont his. Very interesting! I loved MJ. I couldn't stand how he was maligned in the media. Poor man.

BTW, saw your UC speech. It was really good. I understand why you would not want to teach--but I bet you made a great teacher.

Truth

Harvey has written before and he has been wrong before. Remember the JFK on the sailboat fiasco? Yea, Levin wrote that one. Just sayin. Let's hear the track for ourselves. Hurry up Harv.. post the freakin track already.

Julianne

Hi Harvey!!! :D Love ya! thanks for posting yourself- too cool.

I hope you can get that song I would love to hear it again.

MagicalChild

Harvey thank you sooo much!!
" he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hope for my demise, but I'm back!"
i L.O.V.E. you most Michael!
and i can't wait to listening to breaking news :P
blessings to all ♥

VampKira

OH!
MY!
GOD!

ohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGod!

*squeals with delight and faints dead away*

Lucky_130

"They" dont really care about us

HumanNature

GREAT JOB, HARVEY!!!

I KNEW IT WAS MJ!!!

THE JACKSON FAMILY ARE A BUNCH OF GREEDY HATERS!!!!

THEY ARE THE ONES TRYING TO DESTROY MJ MUSICAL LEGACY!!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

HumanNature

THANKS FOR THE 411, HARVEY!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT!!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

TDCAU

The Man is back !!! OMG I love you so much Michael !!!! Awwwwwww

HumanNature

GIVE US SOME INFORMATION ON DR DEATH!!!!

cjs

Thanks Harvey good to know. Even though Elton John didn't write the lyrics to Candle In The wind, the similarities are eerie.. the press is still hounding MJ.. not YOU though, you are one of the good guys.

Chic

Thank you Harvey I can't wait to hear it! Have already purchased
the CD.

MiMi

OMG, I'm hyperventilating....

Thank you Harvey!!!!

kimmie

I love you Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one can touch this man Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Matys

THX Harvey! Damned... can't wait 4 it! It reminds me a bit like 'Tabloid Junkie' (from the HIStory album) in the beginning of the teaser, and the sound got something 'dramatic'. Reading the lyrics could be a song like Xscape (2001, Invincible sessions - awesome song btw!)

Couldn't wait! First single will be 'Hold my hand' (feat. Akon), music video is said to air on Nov. 24! It's the song that was leaked back in the summer of 2008. It should come in a new version, with a bit more of Michael's voices on it, compared to the version you could here on the net...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments