Michael Jackson's 'Breaking News' -- The Real Deal

11/7/2010 8:07 PM PST BY Harvey Levin

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Michael Jackson Breaking News song:

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hoped for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
 "They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of  "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

d-rod

Ok, seriously, that is NOT MJ!

toadjudd1967

omg....enough already,is the boss in love with mj?overdone with the bs news...my god

Marlene

Funny how you would say that the essence of the song is "You've hoped for my demise but now I'm back." Interesting wordage. Can you tell us fans who know Michael is alive why you guys were the ONLY ones at the house that day and why it seems you are always the ones to break ANY and ALL Jackson news. How did you know Michael had ahem 'died' 6 full minutes before the rest of the world? I am a believer and there are some questions that we want answers too and instead of answering them you cover them with comments. Why was it reported that LMP wrote that 'thank you' note about the sunflowers when handwriting experts have all said that note was NOT written by LMP but MJJ? Why? Why? Why? Why has Michael been hounded his entire life by the media and followed BUT on THAT day they all decided to give him a break- EXCEPT TMZ who were front and center at his house! How did you know to be there? Did you receive a phone call? Why hasn't there been a trial set? Oh I know why! Because you can't try someone for killing a person that isn't DEAD! Oh and remember when you acknowledged that Michael's full LEGAL name is Michael JOE Jackson and therefore making anything with the name Michael JOSEPH Jackson on it illegal but never followed up on that? Why is that? Could it be because you know full well that everything with the latter name on it is null and void therefore making do***ents illegal and no crime has been committed. I have studied law also and I know that EVERYTHING about this case or excuse me- 'Circus' says FAKE! MICHAEL JACKSON IS ALIVE! There is Proof that the Jackson family themselves won't even bother to try and refute because you can't! How bout Michael himself AT THE MEMORIAL! Sooner or later the world will know that 'Breaking News' is more than just a song....IT IS IN FACT 'BREAKING NEWS'! MICHAEL JACKSON ALIVE AT 52

Cheryl Long

Can't wait to hear it!

PeterPan

Sorry but this is not Michael Jackson's voice.
You got that one wrong Mr. Levine

Miranda

That is NOT Michael Jackson

fellixboy

THIS IS NOT MICHAEL JACKSON’s VOICE!!!
THIS IS NOT MICHAEL JACKSON’s VOICE!!!
THIS IS NOT MICHAEL JACKSON’s VOICE!!!

DON’T LET ANYBODY FOOL YOU!!!!!!

IT’S JASON MALACHI’s VOICE…JUST LISTEN :

natalie

It is not Michael Jackson! It is Jason Malachi!!

AussieMJFan

Now that i've heard it again its him but it sounds like its from the 80s. Maybe it is him from the 80s?

mymjj5

Posted at 6:48 PM on Nov 8, 2010 by AussieMJFan
______________________________________________________________
when compared to Mj's voice on Thriller(1982) and Bad (1987) CDs....Breaking news is not michael jackson's voice at all.

cheryl

I think Michael wrote it and may have begun to record but much of it doesn't sound like him. I think an imitator was dubbed in to complete the project. Michael has never been that FLAT in his vocals. Some spots are really FLAT notes.

sofi

Where is Eddie Cascio? Afterall it was recorded at his house,while Michael and his children were there,unfortunately the j clan keeps poking into Michael's business using the children as an excuse to justify their oppostion to the release of the Cascio tracks.They should mind their own business and leave Michael's alone.

kokoui

that is not michael who ever made that cd needs to be put in jail

MichaelAntonio

DONT BUY HIS NEXT ALBUM!
WE HAVE TO SHOW SONY THAT WE WONT FALL FOR THEIR LIES
SONY SCREWED WITH HIS MUSIC
WE WANT MICHAEL NOT AN IMITATOR WHO IS SINGING MORE THAN 50% OF THIS SONG AND NO DOUBT THE WHOLE ALBUM
I WOULD RATHER THEM RE-THINK THIS AND POST PONE THE ALBUM TIL THEY FIX IT
DONT BUY HIS NEXT ALBUM!

alice

It is Mike's voice on Breaking News.I think that real fans of Michael's music can tell it when they hear him singing. The other drama addicts need to be quiet because they are making fans of Michael's look dumb by association. It's him, If you can't hear him singing on BN then you have been conned by some very selfish people. I think the album is going to be great and I can't wait.