Michael Jackson's 'Breaking News' -- The Real Deal

11/7/2010 8:07 PM PST BY Harvey Levin

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Michael Jackson Breaking News song:

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hoped for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
 "They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of  "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

Beenhere

I mean "without" the media input

Beenhere

Yeah, sure. Blame it on the media. SUUUUURE, like if his life wasn't freaky enough with the media input

rrklgetpaid

Thanks and Michael Jackson live on in the memory of mankind? His song will be song forever more, his short life here on earth will be relived for ever. There is not going to be any new news under the Sun for our Micheal. Remember, Janet said he was family, her words will come true. Michael Jackson is Family to the whole world for those who love his dance and music. The Outer limits as high as The Moon Walk and a little bird could Moon Walk like Michael in a tree. Michael Lawyer, friends, co-workers, fans, children, family will cash in on all the money he has left for those who love him and a very few haters to enjoy. Thanks Brother Micheal Jackson and may your soul rest in peace. God bless Michael Family and him.

rmrb123

I really don't know who and what is to believe in, but I believed in my heart,Priceless! I'm hoping this is for real....

Cathy

Whatever. I'll decide when I hear the tracks. I've been listening to Michael since 1977. If it's him, I'll know it -- as will all his other longtime fans. If it's not, I'll know that too.

VampKira

THE MAGIC OF MICHAEL JACKSON

Intoxicating talent..
Mischief in his eyes..
Mesmerizing on the stage,
himself....or in disguise.

The world cried out all over,
"Dear Lord, don't take him! NO!
Please GOD don't let this be the end,
We LOVE and NEED him so!"

Though vilified and tortured..
He held his head up high..
Some ask, is he still with us?
Or an Angel in the sky?

No matter what the answer...
This is the key, I'd bet
We truly must believe his words
"You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!

LONG LIVE THE MAGIC OF MICHAEL JACKSON!

I LOVE YOU

--Kira

yyz

Everybody has to read THIS now!

On Monday 8th November 2010, @tjjackson said:

There's many MJ vocal impersonators. Some better than others. But there is only ONE Michael Jackson. Deceptively merging shady vocals with MJ samples (from prior MJ records) will never fool me. Why they would ignore the obvious, look the other way and rush a suspicious track that was NEVER on my Uncle's radar is beyond me. I'm disgusted, disappointed and saddened. And before the media starts to smear our name, just remember we are COMMITTED (as our Uncle Michael always knew) to protect his name and his amazing legacy he worked his whole life for. We have nothing to gain and we know they will try to drag our name through the mud. But we know how much he valued his legacy and his fans. And cheating either is unacceptable. "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"

Wheels

Harvey hate to break it to you, but people with half a brain cell don't care about that dead, freak, pervert or his music!

Glenda in Texas

Yessss!! We can't wait to have you back, Michael! Love you sweetheart!

Pyrrho

Wow. The hate and hypocrisy certainly is thick here. o_O

urmyjoy

Thank you Harvey. You dont let us MJ fans down. I will never forget how you stood up for him during the trial and not falling into line. For that I am a faithful TMZ watcher and go to the website everyday for my MJ updates!!! Cant wait to hear the song!

Pyrrho

And so is the crazy. -_-

a long time Leno fan!

AWESOME~! Thanks for your personal update on this Michael news, Harvey. I've watched you do some of the coolest reporting complete with a fantastic sence of humor, throughout the years and I truly enjoy the quality of reporting you and Team Harbey do at TMZ.

Harvey is the greatest, keep up the good work~:D

Audie

Thanks Harvey for your personal opinion!!
I cannot wait to hear that angelic voice again!!
I miss you Michael and the LOVE you brought to this world