Joe Jackson -- I Didn't Beat MJ, I Used a Strap

11/8/2010 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It may be splitting hairs (unless you're on the receiving end) but Joe Jackson maintains he didn't beat Michael Jackson as a kid ... he used a strap ... and he'd do it all over again.

1108_joe_jackson_oprah_video
Watch Oprah call out Joe on her show today.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jeff Becker

What a pumpkin headed fool!

Cynstriss

Joe Jackson is a horrible man.

MooCow

guess the strap worked. michael was a complete whack job. this whole family is a bunch of money grubbing leeches.

Princess Jackson

I'd love to beat HIM!

I-See-Dumb-People

What a douche Joe Jackson is. How the frell do you conflate beating your kids if they made a mistake during a music rehearsal, to needing to beat them to "keep them out of jail?"

What an idiot!

Chelsea

Joe how could you say you dont regret something that hurt michael so badly. Youre a cruel man.

Phil

Katherine Jackson said in the Oprah interview, "That's the way black people raise their children" (implying to Oprah that black people normally beat or whip them their children.")

Really? I am not black. But I can't believe that 'all' black people raise their kids using a strap, or a whip on them. Is that normal to be whipped and beaten by your parents in the black community? I can't believe that's accurate.

And there is a sad and historic irony in the fact that blacks would whip their kids... or anyone (if this is at all accurate, which I can't believe it is).

Also, Oprah should have said to them (since she was beat herself) that it was terrible to do whip their kids with a strap. Someone should give them a taste of their own medicine.

Not libtard

Hell Yah I think thats what kids ned today is a goos ass whipping. They have no fear and do what ever they want, but if they knew the Daddy was beat thier asses if they got out of line, then more would be inline.......Smack dat ass!

Me

Somebody kick his A already!!!

Caligirl

Not black but I know a few who are and they do NOT "strap" their children, beat their children or the like.

Screw you Joe. You were a horrible father.

bj in cali

That is how black people raise their kids, they whoop them.... Now he may have been extreme with it, but he made all those kids what they are and without Joe Jackson there would be no Jackson 5, Janet none of those careers!!!!! Very strict, but very effective. RIP Mike.

FLO

CPS step in and get him away from the kids.

John

It's all semantics. You can beat someone with your hands, or you can beat someone with a strap. It's all the same. A beating is a beating.

mj is the sexiest man ever

strap?
f**k you joe
love you michael my angel

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments