'Dog Whisperer' Sued For Being Alcoholic Unfriendly

11/10/2010 10:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan is not an alcoholic's best friend -- not even close ... according to allegations in a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

1110_cesar_millan_tmz_ex_2
The former Executive Director of the Cesar and Ilusion Millan Foundation claims he took a leave of absence to seek treatment for alcoholism in June, returned to work the next month clean and sober ... only to be stripped of his title and ultimately fired.

Sean Hawkins claims in his lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court ... it's even worse, because he was assured before he took the leave of absence that his job would be safe.

Hawkins alleges the very first day he returned to work, company big wigs stripped him of his title.  Then a few weeks later he says he was given an ultimatum -- a pay cut or the door.  Hawkins says when he asked for a little time to think about it, he was fired.

Hawkins is suing for unspecified damages.

Cesar's rep could not be reached for comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

adoglover

Guess what you can fire at will. It is a whole different work place now and job security is a thing of the past. You can be with a company for years and years and be fired for no reason at all. Unless it is proven that it is age or race you are out of luck.

abbychichi

From what i have heard about the law on leave of absence for medical reasons is that any company does not have to keep a certain position open for anyone. If they offer to keep you a position with the company, but not the position you were previously in. They can offer you any position they want to offer, and at lower pay. Who in their right mind would even think they could take off weeks or months and come back and everything would be the same, I agree with seanw, they fulfilled their agreement, and the man had to think about it, come on. Either you take it or not, end of story! And for david that says his techniques are short fixes, that is because he shows the owners of the dogs how to do it and if the owner dont follow up and continue to work with the dog (exactly like cesar tell them to) then no it will not work for long term. You would be stupid to think it would.
The trivial lawsuits that people are trying is just like any other person that may have a lot of money, they just want to see how much of it they can get out of him.

Terry

I think Cesar is a pretty good guy. Think we sometimes judge the situation before knowing all the facts. Just feel it would be a good thing to receive feedback when we comment,ask advice or pass on some experience we have had with our dogs. At the moment it feels like my efforts are bouncing off a brick wall sadly enough. Terry

Paul

In reading some of the comments. I need to say, He Who Has No Sin, Cast The First Stone. When you become perfect then you have the right to cast your stone.

bently

We all make decisions in our lives and then live with the results, sometimes good , sometimes not so good.

LK Airy

IF Ceasar is an alcoholic - God bless him to a speedy recovery. Remember to live in the moment and God speed to you!

Deborah Ellsworth

I just can not see Cesar being unfriendly! That had to come from a person that was for whatever reason was upset with Cesar! Cesar is a kind person that has spend his life helping dogs and people! Shame om who ever said such a mean thing!
Deborah Ellsworth
momstoy42@msn.com

Joelle Musso

I agree with Cesar, keeping an alcoholic on a job is not easy , go get treatment is great, can you be trusted, not sure after only a month of it.
if you associate with public figures you stain their image, and Cesar need to be trusted as we put the life of our belove dogs in his hands.

GIZSEL

HELLOOOOOO........................THERE WOULD NOT BE A CESAR AND ILLUSION MILLAN FOUNDATION WITHOUT CESAR. I FIRMLY BELIEVE HE IS GETTING A RAW DEAL!!

CRYSTAL

GIVE ME A BREAK. PERSONAL PROBLEMS R HIS OWN..I DON'T CARE,KINDA REMINDS ME OF CHARLIE SHEEN AND THE NEW 2 AND A HALF MEN..IT TOTALLY SUCKS..NOW THAT HE'S GONE,SO I'M GONNA WATCH HIS NEW ONE..ANGER MANAGMENT LMFAO!!!! I THINK HE'S GREAT WITH DOGS..BUT I DO SEE HIS FEAR OF PITBULLS. I HAVE A ROTTWEILLER..OMG SHE IS THE BEST. PITS AND ROTTIES DON'T MAKE ME NERVOUS BUT GERMAN SHEPARDS DO? GO FIGURE!! CEASER I WOULD LUV FOR U TO MEET MY ROTTIE ROXIE. HER FAVORITE SONGS R ROXANNE BY THE POLICE AND JUNGLE LUV BY STEVE MILLER BAND!!! I THINK U R GREAT WITH DOGS LUV UR SHOW. HOWEVER I DO SEE HESITATION WITH THE MORE AGRESSIVE PITS. I HAVE A WAY WITH HORSES AS U DO DOGS. I'M IN MAINE IF U EVER DECIDE TO VENTURE THIS WAY. THANK U ANYWAY..AND I'LL KEEP WATHCHIN UR SHOW,TY CRYSTAL!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5