Judge Rejects Gag Order in Mel Gibson Case

11/10/2010 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's lawyers wanted everyone in the custody war to shut up or else ... but the judge has rejected issuing a gag order ... TMZ has learned.

Mel Gibson Gag Order:
Sources tell TMZ ... Oksana Grigorieva's lawyers did not want a gag order, partly because other people -- including members of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department -- were talking about the case and impacting Oksana's public profile.  In the end, Judge Gordon did not see it fit to issue a gag order.

We're also told both Mel and Oksana testified today about the custody arrangement.  Oksana is asking the judge to deny Mel all overnight visits, on grounds Mel's nanny allegedly cares for the baby and she needs full-time parenting ... also she believes Mel is a danger to Lucia.  But Mel is sticking by the tried-and-true formula -- he's already successfully raised 7 kids.

We're told the judge did not rule on whether to alter any of the custody/visitation arrangements.

111010_oksana_exit_videoThe judge did settle one issue -- that Oksana will get $20,000 a month in child support and can live rent free -- meaning Mel can't deduct rent from the $20k.

sugart*ts

What's really maddening is that this same judge put the gag order in first place. One side abided by this judges order and one side paid no attention to it what so ever.

Now this same judge is like saying ... well too bad you listened to me the last time and obeyed MY order ... cause I'm now siding with the ones that didn't give a s.h.i.t what I said.

Posted at 5:22 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by Belinda

Agreed, judge is rewarding bad behavior that disregards interests of all their children. She had better get 24/7 PAID bodyguards too to show the money's going to good use.

I'm sure Mel will remain mum as is appropriate.

gonesi

I don't get it. Were they saying things that wer POSITIVE ABOUT OKI? "Oksana Grigorieva's lawyers DID NOT want a gag order, partly because other people -- including members of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department -- were talking about the case and impacting Oksana's public profile. "

That could only mean they were impacting her profile in a POSITIVE WAY. What have they been saying?

kickaboo

Ox: Juvge Godon, I needs to move, mo' favily coming from old Russia to Losangles. Please, Mel Gibson pay rent. 9 or 10 bedvooms--big, big favily. Need more car, need food card. Sasha needs more birthday gift, oops wrong daddy.

NICOLE

So, Oksana hired a convicted, crazy bodyguard who apparently she had an affair with him. MG was the ONLY ONE who asked the Judge for a restriction order against him because he didn't want him around his daughter..right? And Judge Gordon did not take this in consideration. Just he left MG pay for everything. That money and that house is not for Lucia! It's for the gold digger and her family!! I am soooooo frustrated!!! Is this the "law" in this country??? No wonder we have strippers, gold diggers getting rich next day. What a business!

redvixen

@Jade

I would say something back if I only understood what point you're trying to convey. Maybe there is no point to be made? You all sound like rabid dogs anyway. Mel's fans on this site post the stupidest and ignorant comments I have read on any site. You guys continue posting like crackheads until the sun practically comes up. Bunch of sore losers, get a life!!!

Char

gonesi,
I think they were making the point that negative things were being said by LAPD and they needed to rebutt publicly without a gag order.

what a mess

Posted at 6:03 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by gonesi
----------------------------
The LAPD has talked about the case...in bits and pieces. If ANYONE should have a GAG order slapped on them, its the LAPD and that dumbazz TWITMORE.

I've never seen a situation where the POLICE are OPENLY discussing an investigation ESPECIALLY a FELONY INVESTIGATION.

Oksana surely stepped over the line when she opened her mouth BUT the LAPD should know better. The judge probably lifted the GAG Order based on the fact that LAPD is more concerned about winning an OSCAR then they are about getting to the bottom of this case....

emerald

so i have a far-fetched thought so bare with me...it is all just a guess and nothing factual except for the fact that the judge appears to be dragging this out...why?

is it possible that the judge has been privy to the police work and the DA have asked the judge to drag the child custody rulings out as long as he can? why?

perhaps, they are afraid that this grifter along with her family would flea the country if they were done with the child custody or get money out of Mel before they were ready to throw ALL the books at her/them?

IF this grifter/family receives any moneys up front from Mel, perhaps the police think they may leave the country and IF they return to Russia, they would surely be unable to be found?

Either the judge is a good, honest judge who is aware of all of Ox's antics yet has decided to go along with and help the police and give them more time to find more evidence or

the judge is dirty in someone's pocket and is siding with Ox one step at a time as not to cause too much notice giving her all that she wants at one time...

just thinking a bit here...that is all...but i am still pissed at today's rulings!

Posted at 5:52 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by Who'sThat

I do think Judge Gordon is on the right side, he's pissed as hell at OG for the leaking of the tapes, and a comment he has already made in interview makes it clear HE thinks she lied about the dv and tried to extort Mel lol!!
Although you say it's a far fetched theory, it may not be as far fetched as you think lol!! He let's OG play around with lawyers for the child custody/extortion while the FBI and LA Sheriff's Dept investigate the extortion case (the dv case investigation was over a long, long time ago!)!! Horrowitz tries to get her computer data access limited, that's finished now! The forensic computer experts are now checking everything on her hard drive, it's going to take a few weeks and then the data's on the DA's desk to see if extortion charges are appropriate lol!!
Judge Gordon can take all this testimony in the child custody/support hearing, then take a while to think it all over lol!! Perhaps he's hoping himself OG will be charged with extortion, then the support and custody issue will be unnecessary lol!!
You've got to have a conspiracy theory or two to cheer you up and help you along lol!! Stay strong!

Muppet

Posted at 6:06 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by NICOLE

Hell I'm even thinking about moving to California. I'm married but there has to be some loophole I can use to get rich. :P

pinkpanther

Does it mean that every wh.. gold digger has a right to extort,to use her prostitution skills on men to get money,to lie and the judges will help?
Is this American freedom??????? WOW!! There are many whores around the world who will come to USA soon, because of this "freedom" for them.

Posted at 5:51 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by anonym

They're lining up to get visas as we type. Judge just gave the green light.
I'm currently advising all my friends to move to the USA and hook up with some rich guy and have a kid. Easy living for the rest of their lives ;)

Posted at 5:54 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by Muppet

Its the NEW CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH! Calling all wh*res!

Tellthetruth59

Money doesn't stop the hands of time and it doesn't make Mel want her and it won't lift her azz.

One day she'll have to watch Mel walk down the red carpet... cameras flashing... madly in love with his new, young, symmetrical girlfriend... while she watches from her sofa. Ouch!

TMZgossip

Posted at 6:08 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by Muppet
...

Hump Me Dump Me Herzog will hook u up

dunno if you'll like the price

(and you're in line behind TTT59)

Skywatcher

Posted at 6:06 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by kickaboo

Say it isn't so. You are kidding, right? Judge didn't put guidelines on the rental part? I think I just got sick again.

Muppet

Posted at 5:51 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by anonym

They're lining up to get visas as we type. Judge just gave the green light.

Posted at 5:54 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by Muppet

Its the NEW CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH! Calling all wh*res!

Posted at 6:09 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by pinkpanther

I can't help but laugh at this because all the scammers like Oksana really will be rushing to the USA to try to snag a rich man by having a child. Bad bad precedence to set!!

Muppet

Posted at 6:08 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by Muppet
...

Hump Me Dump Me Herzog will hook u up

dunno if you'll like the price

(and you're in line behind TTT59)

Posted at 6:10 PM on Nov 10, 2010 by TMZgossip

TMZgossip

YUCK!!! No thanks!! LOL That guy looks smelly and creepy to me. So not my type.