Eddie Munster's Mates -- Rehab Was a Lifesaver

11/14/2010 5:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Butch Patrick -- aka Eddie Munster -- entered rehab in the nick of time ... because according to sources close to the former child actor, dude's life was careening out of control before he got help.

1112_eddie_munster_mptv_EX
Butch's rep tells TMZ, the actor recently crossed paths with his former "Munsters" co-star Pat Priest -- aka Marilyn Munster -- who said she was "afraid" Butch might die if he didn't get help soon. Priest tells TMZ, "I'm thrilled that Butch is finally taking care of this problem."

The exec producer on Butch's webshow -- which the ex-child star was working on before entering treatment -- tells TMZ, he's extremely happy Butch "has finally taken the steps to get his life in order."

As we previously reported, 57-year-old Butch entered rehab in New Jersey Wednesday afternoon ... to treat a 40-year addiction to cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol.

marcoe

Hang in there Butch! - marcoe

frankentit

you can get addicted to coke and booze but weed... I don't think so!

boz

After 40 years that's not an addiction, it's a lifestyle.

house_draven

I'm glad to see he's getting help, and I hope he's able to get clean and live a long, happy, and healthy life. But I'm really sick and tired of various stars claiming they're addicted to marijuana. Marijuana is NOT a physically addictive drug. Some people do develop a psychological dependence if they use a lot of the drug for a long period of time -- but they are NOT addicted.

croc

you are so right boz! and dee dee, who would want to watch his bloated azz on tv?? no one i can think of..he will probably get clean, his system cant take it clean,used to the drugs...then he withers up and dies.. maybe he should do just a little,a drink or two? JUST ENOUGH SO HIS BODY DOESNT FREAK.

Gloria Unread

I got to hang out with Butch Patrick in 2004. He is one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met. He's really down to Earth and a great sense of humor! I never would have guessed that he had these issues...

I really hope he does well with his recovery and wish him the best! It's a tough road ahead, but with his new Wife there to help I'm sure he can do it.. :)

Robert

Just TMZ pimpin another dead career...

sid

Hmmmmm....rehab....webshow.....rehab....webshow....makes ya wonder???

sid

LOL@DeeDee
Is there anyone believing this?

Doubage

Addicted to weed? Please...Sounds as bad as Eric Roberts...

sid

Now this gets interesting --

"A video taped message to his fans including his admission of his problem and his apologizing for the people he hurt was recorded for TMZ and will air at their discretion"

Guess he wasn't that close to death if he had time to record a video message and collect some cash for it

Stacy Harris

I thought Butch recently got into a relationship with a fan from years ago. Did she bail when she realized she was dating Butch and not "Eddie"?

Or is Butch getting clean for her?

The answers to these questions might provide a better storyline than either THE MUNSTERS or a(ny) "reality" show.

Stacy Harris