Billy Ray

FURIOUS after DJ Asks

About Divorce

11/12/2010 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus stormed out of an unaired radio interview this week after the DJ tried to ask Billy about his divorce ... and TMZ has obtained audio from the emotionally charged exchange.

Billy Ray Cyrus Divorce:
It all went down on Tuesday during an interview for the "Woody & The Wake-Up Call" show on WCOL in Nashville -- when Billy scolded the host Woody Johnson for even trying to ask about his marriage.

As he made a beeline for the exit, Billy can be heard lashing out at Woody -- saying he was, "very rude" ... and that he "should be disgusted."

The full interview is set to air on Monday -- but we gotta ask...

AC

He doesn't need to herp a derp! Of course this question is going to be asked if you are sitting down for an interview! what else are you going to talk about the next "Achy Breaky Heart"!?

AC

He doesn't need to herp a derp. Of course he is going to ask that question.

Shawn

He doesnt have a problem whoring out his kids, but divorce questions are off limits? lol. What a douche.

leslie

WAY TO GO BILLY RAY NICE TO SEE A MAN TELL SOMEONE RUDE TO STEP OFF. HE HAS CHILDREN WHO HE NEEDS TO PROTECT. CELEBRITY LIFE DOES NOT EQUAL THE RIGHT TO BE FAIR GAME FOR INFO ON THEIR PERSONAL LIVES,

chris

I've been a journalist and PR rep. for decades, and I can assure you of one thing about this story: Billy Ray Cyrus' publicist told the Woody Johnson questions about the Cyrus divorce were off limits. I'm sure Billy Ray's people would tell any interviewer that before agreeing to the interview. My respect for Billy Ray Cyrus grows deeper each time I hear or read something about him. Walking out while scolding Johnson was exactly the right thing to do.

chicagannie

Can't stand Billy Ray Cyrus. A one-hit wonder has-been who has whored out his daughter and made millions off the kid.

Kim

Well what did he think they wanted to chat about...Miley? That's another great subject...role model Miley underage drinking in another country because it's ok there...she has a public responsibility here in the USA!!! She wanted fame she got it!

Lahela

Someone else said it but i'll say it again...What has this guy done since 1990 except have some kids and put them into the business. Why does he think anyone wants to talk to him about anything other than his marriage? One more thing...how is it possible that he and his wife have a 100 million dollars to split!? Isn't that baby gurl's money?

Tony

You know, "no comment" probably would've been just fine.

Cooper

dumb as a stick........

lalalaa

Kim, I don't understand why you say that she has an obligation to 'us' here in America. The picture was of her holding two beers. She was not passed out in a car, she was not falling into a bush, she didn't look drunk, she wasn't making with people or dancing like a stripper. She was standing there hanging out while having a beer.

People need to realize it's not a pop star's responsibility to teach your children. I've made mistakes but they were mistakes I made. I take responsibility, I'm not passing it off on 'celebrities.'

Babak Azmoun

man o man, what a guy. Babak Azmoun

CMA

I was at the radio broadcasts and his people made it crystal clear that we were not to ask about his personal life.

Rocco

Sure didn't sound like he 'stormed' out to me. Sounds like he just got up and left. Please, no need to embellish.

Brice

If Billy Ray Cyrus (of whom I am not a fan) was a regular Joe, would that interviewer consider asking him a personal question like that? Heck no. It'd be consider rude and prying. Just because someone is famous for a singing/acting career and even for raising a much bigger star, does NOT mean the public have any right to know about their private lives behind closed doors. People who don't have lives of their own have this strange need to live vicariously through the ups and downs of celebrities. Give me a break folks! Enjoy his music, don't enjoy his music, respect how he's brought his daughter into celebrity status/don't respect it, but keep your noses in your own business!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments