Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ghost

LOL whatever MORON!!!! no one really cares.....now go away...

George210

Kanye is a bipolar alcoholic.

secret4wow

Spoiled Brat! So much for his self-proclaimed healing of trying to make himself a better person. If you're going to say something like that, be prepared to deal with the consequences later on. I think everyone is SO OVER him and his tantrums!!

SayWhat

GOOD! I cant stand seeing your over inflated head and ego in any media form.

CCC

So you won't perform today? Well I have two words for you, Kanye. Thank You.

Carl

I just can't get myself to care about what one of the most pathetic people in the world (Kanye West) thinks about another of the most pathetic people in existence (George Bush).

t-in-sd

Good, Kanye is a ridiculous retarded idiot. Complete moron and embarrassment. Bush too, both of those losers are getting unnecessary press. Retard. He really should just go away.

Dana

Kanye is just crazy as hell. I watched the interview with Matt Lauer and Kanye has trouble even forming a proper sentence. Half of what he said made no sense at all, and the rest was just incoherent rambling. He dodged the issues and became indignant when confronted with his bad behavior. What a loser! Grow the hell up, Kanye. Your poor mother is probably turning in her grave and covering her eyes watching you!!

Kathie Lee

OMG is he not a grown man and I didnt see Matt holding a gun to his head making him say anything. WHAT A MORON!!!! Can you just GO AWAY!!!!

Me

i saw the interview and the only reason he's pissed is because he was being pressed to take responsibility for comments he couldn't back up. this guy continually opens his big mouth and makes a fool of himself. he's over rated.

CC

Kanye was simply born a victim. Go live with the Jacksons you loser!

Steelers suck

GOOD!!! Now please tell us what else we can say so that you go away forever. What an arrogant ass. Like anyone really cares if he performs on the Today show. No one is watching but old people and insomniacs!!

stephan

god what's with all these republican comments on TMZ. wow, guess it makes sense with that new report on conservatives and liberals taste in media... conservatives go for mainstream hits, liberals go or niche cable particularly shows with complex characters. You people are yelling at Kanye, while you should be much more upset with the fact the Matt Lauer gave Bush an easy interview compared to Kanye. And between Kanye and Bush, I think the American people would care more about an explanation from Bush. Don't you...? Seriously.

CC

2. Kanye is a bipolar alcoholic.

Posted at 9:14 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by George210

Actually he is a singular loser, no alchohol required.

whatsgoingon

Get over yourself. This guy is always whining about something. What else does he have to do? He's lucky they even had him on at all.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments