Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

Edie

KANYE, TAKE YOUR MEDICATION!!! This is Kanye's psychiatrist, Dr. E. Williamson, and I've been trying to get him on a new patch to treat his bipolar disorder. He simply has a hard time remembering to take the tablets and the only thing that keeps him on an even keel is the patch with 24/7 medication zapped into his pea-brain!

grammy

Wow. Such mean spirited remarks. Can you posters show a little compassion? Mr West was apologizing for what he said. Mr Bush was gracious and ackowledged he should not have just flown by the devastation. Both parties admitted their mistakes. To those of you who are so ready to throw Mr. West to the wolves: When this whole episode started, Mr. West was on TV trying to raise money for the victims of hurricane Katrina Think about that.

HMichaelH

This moronic little racist children-of-unmarried-parents don't like when the table gets turned on them. What a moron this guy is! I hope The Today Show can come up with a guest who we actually might be interested in hearing about.

But Kanye West is a classic example of what is wrong with the black community. He's simply a racist and has no important contribution to our society and culture. He's part of the problem, because he sure as hell isn't involved in the solution to anything.

Taylor Swift continues to be validated as this moron behaves the way he is behaving. YOU are the racist, West!

Wilber

All you commentators can hate on Kanye if you want, but he speak louder and makes a much more elegant statement with his music and creativity than any of you fools could ever hope to do with your hater comments. Kanye is right to cancel the show and it will be the today show's lost, because his new album is probably going to be not only the hottest album of the year, but it is going to place Kanye West as one of the greatest artist of our time.

Ktrick

YAY...I can't stand him anyway!!! SPOILED BRAT!

Dennis

It's so easy to pick apart Kanye West because of his openness to express himself. Hell, he only speaks what countless others are thinking. And what about the real issue here? Why did he criticize Bush in the first place? let's pause for a moment and deal with the former president's handling of Katrina. (BTW, What mr. West did was merely excercise free speech).

allison

Awesome! I have seen enough of Kanye for a lifetime. I hope one day he will find it to look past his own racism and let it be handled by God he is the only one who has any RIGHT to Judge.

wtf?

Im glad he's doing this to Matt Lauer and the Today Show. Until the media realizes that they should never again give this mule-tooth, monkey dwarf ANY attention, he'll keep on pulling this sh#t. It's the dumb whites who bought this illiterate's re-tread "music" and made him his millions.

jason vaughn

WHO CARES!!!! BYE!!!!!

BNHonest

to OKS Posted at 9:15 AM on Nov 12, 2010

What a DUM person you must be. That's all I have to say. I feel sorry for you.

Alex

I hate him! He is such an idiot and drama queen.

jennifer

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL? WACKJOB!!

Gabriel

I don't even want to say this idiot's name.. I would love to run into this dude alone on the street. I'd beat him till both my hands were broken and bloody. I wonder if his possy would help him out or stand by and say "I told you to stop acting like an a-hole" Now let have a drink to the d-bags!!

trialdon

No one - absolutely NO ONE gives a rat's fury little behind what this idiot thinks or tries to utter to the amazement of many!

julie

he suck i wouldnt have watched it anyway jackass