Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

CelticOne

He is SUCH a chooch!! I can't believe this dude... why does this shock me in the least? He thought he was hated because of the Taylor Swift thing? EVERYTIME he opens his mouth he inserts his stupid foot. HE is DESTROYING himself & his career, making peopel hate him. At the very least, he should live up to his obligation and perform. I am no fan of his, so it's no loss to me, but his work ethic and morality sucks. HE is out of line and now he's backing out of his work obligation. Just keep on showign your true colors Kanye and by no means is that a racist mark before you or anyone else tries to pull out race as an issue!!!!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

all they have to do is promise him some free KFC and you wont be able to get rid of this clown

Starla

This whole thing is pathetic.

What's even more pathetic is that out of all that went on during his presidency, Kanye West's comment is what stood out? I think that in itself CONFIRMS Kanye's opinion.

Let's see ummmm....West's comment vs 9/11....uh, yeah, right.

Bush (both of them) = tweetle dee and tweetle dumb ass.

noc1957

Spoiled brat, JERK

REDSOXRULE

He is one racist SOB!!! Nobody wants to hear you Kanye, get over your ignorant self!! You can dish it out but you can't take it? You big a$$ fool, you embarrassed Taylor but God forbid someone ask you a question? LOSER!!!

Rosemary

I know your Mom would be SO proud of you, and guess what Mr.West,,,you`ve also made `black people` (your words, not mine) so proud! Loser

gayle

GO AWAY YOU STUPID IDIOT!! You have made an douchebag of yourself one too many times -- enough already!!!! You are a jack ass!!!

Bob

This has been hack is his own worst enemy. Let's hope he fades into obscurity soon and penniless.

CGS

GOOD! they can get an act that's actually talented and mentally stable.

DAVID

good to hear he wont do today. the less we hear from this idiot the better!! usually the first one to yell racist is usually the one who is!!! hey kenya put that in your microphone and sing it!!!!

Jay

Good I dont know why Today would want him back on the show anyways since he acted like a major ******* during the interview.

Time to stop rewarding celebs for their disgusting behavoir, so sick of it.

Gigi

Don West hates white people.

ThatsPrincessToYou

Poor Kanye!!! He tried so hard to sound remotely intelligent, THAT'S THE FRUSTRATION. HE COULDN'T ARTICULATE A SINGLE SENTENCE. All I heard was um, ah, oh, well....Racist people suck donkey a**, black or white. I personally think they are both racist.

sheri

Grow up Kanye. First, u listen to the question, and answer it apropriately. Not avoid the quesion by adding (what makes no sense) stupid remarks that u cannot back up.You are ignorant, impulsive, hurtful, selfish, person. I really don't see any talent in you, personally, and I enjoyed watching you squirm and make a total ass out of yourself.

venicementor

Oh please, Kanye, grow up!!! Need some publicity because your career is going down the toilet. No one said anything out of context. People were just responding to something stupid you said in the past, but you just continue.