Michael Jackson -- First Single Released

11/15/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first official single from the new Michael Jackson album was just released on MichaelJackson.com -- "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon.

Michael Jackson's Hold My Hand

As we previously reported, Akon returned to the studio recently to put the finishing touches on the track.

The full album is due out December 14.

Siggisis

Love Michael´s voice! And I think that Akon and Michael´s voices suit each other (not all voices do!)
It is a beautiful song and well produced in my opinion.
BUT, I only gave it an 8 - and that was mainly because there is a LITTLE too much autotune. I have never been a great fan of autotune - and to hear it used so much on Michael´s voice turns me a bit off. He doesn´t need it.

MiMi

I'm with whoever I had seen that posted (paraphrasing): "You find an unfinished painting of the genius artist Michaelangelo you DON'T go slapping paint on it to "finish" it FOR the man/artist/genius, then go hawk it as a Michaelangelo's piece."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Twas I who originally posted this on the Will.i.am board. Although you definitely put a new twist on it lol.

I personally love this song. Michael had planned on it being on the cd he was working on with Akon and others in 2007. Can't wait to hear the song with Lenny Kravitz. At least those are not a patch job like "Breaking News.

But I am sure after Sony makes Teddy rework "Breaking News" a few times it might come out sounding halfways decent by the time the cd drops. But it will always be a patch job to me.

Siggisis

Posted at 11:55 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by Siggisis

I forgot to say that I like the cover too. :-)

Marie

I dedicate the beautiful song 'Hold My Hand' to all the kids who are bullied in school and they feel like their world is over. There is hope. I also dedicate this song to all the bullies who feel like they have to put somebody down in order to feel good about themselves. Love is stronger than hate. The message of the song 'Hold My Hand' is that we should all love and tolerate and respect each other and hold hands no matter what our differences are.

MiMi

Posted at 10:56 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by Phantom of the Opera

--------------------------------------------------

I'm a happy gurl today.

Thank you Phantom!!!!

Siggisis

Jacko loved holding hands,look how he was holding that young man's hand on the show with Bashir.
So tender and loving.

Posted at 6:22 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by Sunshine

So take your dirty mind to the laundromat. Michael was a nice and gentle person. People liked to be near him.

KC

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! IT'S SOOOOO GOOD! IT'S GONNA BE A #1 HIT!! MJFORVER

Siggisis

Posted at 12:07 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Marie

That is beautiful. When I think about children being bullied, it just breaks my heart. They must feel so lonely and miserable.

Kent

Has anyone noticed, that the Man and woman holding hands on the cover of the Michael Jackson's "Hold My Hand" single art cover, form an "M" ? Kinda cool !!

Siggisis

Well the big ? is did Akon help or hurt the Michael Jackson HOLD MY HAND song with his "finishing touches". Listen below to the 2008 version back to back with the 2010 version. It makes for an "interesting" comparison to say the least

Posted at 10:10 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by Bobby Ewing

I kinda like the 2010 version better - and that is because to me it sounds like the 2008 (7) version has even MORE autotune on it. And as I said above, that turns me off!!
Otherwise I guess the 2007 version probably a little better - more authentic.

hoocheekoo

I've enjoyed the demo for several months and it was "good enough" for me. But wow! This finished product is absolutely amazing! We hear lots more of Michael here, whereas Akon dominated on the demo track. Great blending of the voices. Love the layering, one of the things Michael did best. This is why he's the legend.

Siggisis

Posted at 12:33 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Kent

Yes - very nice!

TJ

BEAUTIFUL, even better thank expected! LOVE-LOVE-LOVE IT!!

Marie

Posted at 6:22 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by Sunshine

Michael also held Karen Faye´s (his makeup artist) hand during the Bashir interview, Bashir just chose not to show it - no sensationalism in Michael holding a woman´s hand. Karen even rested her head on Michael´s shoulder, much like Gavin. You can see that in the outtakes. So take your dirty mind to the laundromat.
Posted at 12:11 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Siggisis

People with sick dirty perverted minds they see every good deed Michael Jackson was doing with children in a perverted way.If MJ buys gifts for sick children,it is because he wants to also buy their silence.If MJ holds a child's hand it is because he wants to molest that child later.If MJ visits hospitals and orphanages it is because he is recruiting his next victims.If MJ gives his bed to a child who visits him at Neverland it is because he wants to have sex with that child.People with sick dirty perverted minds they are really pathetic.Diane Dimond,Tom Sneddon,Maureen Orth,Evan Chandler,Nancy Grace,Martin Bashir,Gavin Arvizo,Blanca Francia,all these people have sick demented perverted minds.They are responsible for destroying the life of Michael Jackson an innocent man.