Battered Women: Don't Call Us Oksana, We'll Call You

11/15/2010 7:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A Los Angeles battered women's group wants no part of Oksana Grigorieva, contrary to what her lawyer told TMZ.

1115_oksana_peace_over_violence_EX_tmz

Oksana’s lawyer, Dan Horowitz, told us Oksana will be working with Peace Over Violence.

But a rep for Peace Over Violence adamantly denies any affiliation with Oksana, telling TMZ,”Peace Over Violence has not been and is not currently in contact with Oksana Grigorieva or her representatives.” Sources tell us the group received a backlash after members read Horowitz's claims on TMZ that Oksana would be working with them.

Horowitz explained to TMZ, “I’m guessing it didn’t get approved. The California Partnership to End Domestic Violence is working on getting us alternative groups to work with.”

Looks like Oksana can't get arrested in this town.  Then again ...

another Russian

That is just one more pattern to the portrait of her. Bunch of manias, psychological problems. She was not stupid to start the war against Gibson what I thought first she is just mentally sick, that explains everything . No sane person would started that, having so many skeletons.
She must be examined by a psychiatrist.

janet

Horowitz is defending his client. On Gibsons money.

A while ago Ox was pulling the "battered wife syndrome" CUT THE CRAP.

When you have a major big time "domestic violence orginazation, that doesn't buy Oksanas crap...C'mon.

Accusations, no proof. Oksana, can't back her accusations up. Oksana is a joke for real battered women.

Gene

Thanks Frieda for posting the contact info again, I was just getting ready to post it, but you beat me to it.

I agree with the statement: Domestic violence victims never need to embellish their injuries. True victims injuries speak for themselves.

Posted at 4:26 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Char

Yesterday was very stressful for me, and I am a DV survivor, 30 years strong, but even so, triggers happen and you just move on :)

Your Aunt Bea

I love the last line.

Posted at 4:35 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by little aussie reader

===========================

I'm loving that notion too... Looks like a throwaway with a 'boomerang,' little aussie

Kate

Good and I haven't even mailed my letter yet, but I still shall do so !

chunx

this is just plain sick. i can't believe oksana would try to use this dv group for her own fame. see, that's what makes me so hard to believe she was a battered woman. yes, mel may have slapped her, but her own actions have made her seem more like an abuser as well rather than the other way around. even if mel did slap her, all she's done, including this, have made me believe she is a sociopath/borderline female. Sociopaths exploit people for their own gain, lack empathy towards others, and usually lead parasitic lifestyles, which defines everything about oksana.

little aussie reader

Posted at 5:00 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Your Aunt Bea

lol Aunt Bea - let's hope it comes around and hit's her in the head :o)

Gene

As strange as this may sound, I am actually feeling pity for Oksana. To me it has become clear that she really is suffering from some sort of mental illness, and God knows I am among many things also a mental health advocate. I wish the family courts would order both parents into psychiatric evaluations, and based on the findings, order them both into counseling, and medication, whatever it takes for them to be the best they can be for that child. I don't hate someone like Oksana, I do get angry when she abuses the system and tries to manipulate it for her own gain

john

Thanks for posting the contact numbers for DA and other stuff.

Keep posting that stuff.

People Call the DA or email him.

Show him we are tired of oskana scamming the public.

The DA is an ******* , he should have arrested her months ago. And Judge Gordon should have thrown the book at her.
I am ashamed of California and the way they are handling this case.

bstill

It sounds like she expected a pay day there too!

Emm

That's a reality check for Oxs lawyer. It won't be long until he gets tired of looking like an ASS, and abandons ship.

Posted at 4:31 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Emm

I doubt that, Emm. In my opinion, I think he is smitten with her.

Posted at 4:36 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by just curious

Oh, Lord! Don't tell me we have another Howard K. Stern...

KM

Thank you for your email and concern regarding TMZ's recent story on Oksana Grigoreiva.

Unfortunately, TMZ provided misinformation regarding this story. Peace Over Violence is not now, and has never been associated in any way with Oksana Grigoreiva. TMZ received false information from Oksana's legal team and printed it without verification.

Peace Over Violence has been an expert in the field of domestic violence and sexual assault for the last 39 years, provides emergency and intervention services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, and has extensive prevention programs working with youth. Our reputation within the Los Angeles community and the media is stellar.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. Thank you!

Darcy Pollan
Director of Communication and Events
Peace Over Violence
WE HAVE MOVED!!
Our new address is:
1015 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Office (213) 955-9090 Ext 113
Fax (213) 955-9093
darcy@peaceoverviolence.org
www.peaceoverviolence.org

HERE IS THE LETTER I WAS SENT IN RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL YESTERDAY

Building healthy relationships, families and communities free from sexual,
domestic and interpersonal violence.

SAVE THE DATE: POV's 39th Annual Humanitarian Awards is Friday, October 29th!

tami

oh thank god , , this woman is nonthing but a gold digger , and the public truly agrees , she needs to take her ass back to russia , What i really hope is that robin and mel get back together , this woman ruined his marriage , she flaunted herself , older men get to where they think young woman make them look younger , now he knows how much she is truly ageing him , we all make mistakes , this one i hope ends well , i hope the judge sees that she will harm this child , in more ways than one ,

jenni

Peace Over Violence already has a spokesperson--Calista Flockhart. It is a shame that such an incredible agency got pulled into this story without their knowledge! I called them too and they stated they have never had any affiliation with Oksana. They remain a reputable agency that offers comments on domestic violence as leaders in the field. They deserve an apology from TMZ and Horowitz.

little aussie reader

"Our reputation within the Los Angeles community and the media is stellar."

Translation: We want nothing to do with that POS!