'Today' Show

Opened Lindsay's Eyes

About Dina

11/17/2010 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan now thinks her mom is part of the reason she's in the state she's in, and Lindsay's wake-up call was Dina Lohan's appearance on the "Today" show.

111610_lindsay_lohan_sad_ex_tmz
Sources connected with Lindsay tell TMZ Lindsay told her mom not to go on "Today" last week.  When Dina defied her and yakked with Matt Lauer, Lindsay was "furious."

Our sources say ever since the interview Lindsay has been wary of her mom and is beginning to understand her antics are part of the reason she has so many problems.  The flip side, sources say, is that Lindsay is beginning to realize Dina's demonization of Michael is not a true picture -- that both parents share the blame.

Lindsay, we're told, is impressed with her dad's seeming sincerity in reaching out.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Marilyn Monroe

Lindsay in realizing that Dina is toxic mess herself. It was class-less to discuss Lindsay to Matt "Media Whore" Lauer. You get more public sympathy when you chill and allow the media to victimize you.

darkrage6

Kevin, Disturbed-If there is a god, then deranged and worthless individuals like yourselves would be sunjected to the most brutal and inhumane forms of torture imaginable.

Ernie

@ rene - that is the best advice so far on the board.

Betty Ford Center should have insisted on Lohan dealing with her addiction to nicotine while in their rehab.

Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs known to mankind. Why a rehab would not deal with this issue is beyond my wildest imaginations. Lohan had the opportunity to kick this killer addiction but Betty Ford Center seems like it is a non-issue.
Maybe this is why Lohan chose BFC over any other rehab... cause they allowed her to continue smoking.

Carl

Took her long enough. This is the first real sign I've seen that she truly is starting to understand her problems. I still only give her a 50/50 shot at best of not falling off the wagon again sometime next year.

darkrage6

John-I got a better idea, why don't I just castrate you? I'd consider choking you to death with your d*ck, but your d*ck is probably too puny for that to work.

darkrage6

John-I'm sure there's plenty of people who are wishing you dead as well, they'd burn you on a cross in efigy first they got.

Randall Carroll

When is she and her fu#king family going to just go away! I am so sick of these idiots. They all are no talent camera hogs.That fire crotch bitch should jump off the nearest and highest building and the whole family needs to follow her to the pavement. I'm gonna go puke now.

darkrage6

Ernie-BFC WILL deal with her smoking, but that comes later, so just stop babbling nonsense already as it's all to obvious you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Randall-you worthless motherf*cking piece of dogsh*t, you oughta cut yourself up REAL good and jump into a river full of piranhas, and all the others haters should follow you in, then nobody else will have to hear any of your bullsh*t anymore. Anyways i'm glad to see that Lindsay is finally starting to realize that her mother is toxic and hardly a saint, good for her! For those of you who are saying that she isn't tkaing responsiblity for her actions, you're all a bunch of morons as you obviously didn't realize that Lindsay admitted failing her drug test, so she already took that step in taking responbility for her own actions, but that DOES NOT means that her parents had nothing to do with how Lindsay turned out, Dina sending her to live LA on her own at 17 was more then likely what sent her down this dark path in the first place.

darkrage6

John-Your response only further confirms what a pathetic and worthless loser YOU are, so thanks but no thanks! I've got better things to do(like scratching my ass) then waste my time with ignorant, idiotic and insignificant individuals like you.

sPaNkDeNALgAs

This "Jill" is a total mess.

Please don't EVER reproduce.

ilovegossip

@john

Don't waste your time with darkrage. When he has no rebut because someone makes a valid point, he resorts to name calling. A real man allows people to have different opinions. Then again, we all know he's not a real man.

get real

cop out.............. take action on your own action.. Parenting isnt all to blame... Quit Blaming others Girl. Nobody Makes u do what u do. It all You Honey.

caroline

Yayyyy Lindsay!! :)
I full heartedly believe that her father has had the best intentions all along and just desperately wanted to save his little girl. I am sure Dina loves Lindsay but has been blinded and become her biggest enabler. I sure hope this family can come together and be healthy. God Bless.

Sue

Dina is only out for herself. Its time Lindsay sees her for the "fame whore
she is.

Delmar

Michael Lohan is a violent man with anger and control issues. He has definitely physically assaulted women he's dated after being divorced from Dina. He also betrays the trust of friends and family. I would not trust him to be alone with Lindsay or Ali, I think he would physically harm them if they honestly confronted him. So, talk of Dina being worse than Michael disturbs me. Dina's involvement with Lindsay and family is unknown. I do agree that there's been a number of failed money-making schemes she's been a part of and she seems to stage mom, especially with her daughters. Her overall strictness with LIndsay or other kids is unknown. The stuff about partying with them is overblown, she may have a few times, but it isn't something regular. I don't think she acts as Lindsay's friend, I do think she acts like a mother but I'm not sure Dina doesn't have her own personal issues and that may include excessive drinking or taking diet pills or perhaps something else. Lindsay defends her but I'm not sure that part of this is public consumption and Lindsay does not have reservations about her so some of the details in this article may indeed be factual. I think it is highly irresponsible to claim to know a family's dynamic based on public impressions of them in articles or interviews. I do think Dina should go to therapy as it will be very well monitored and secure and under Betty Ford's control and security. If she refuses, then perhaps she has something to hide and is afraid that she'll lose some influence over her children or may have to change her lifestyle.