Prince William to

Seal Deal with

Kate Middleton

11/16/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After living together, breaking up, living together, breaking up, Prince William has decided to tie-the-knot with Kate Middleton.

Prince William Engagement
The royal family announced the engagement this morning and the buzz in England is that the wedding will be at least as big as Princess Diana's. Middleton is described as upper-middle class but not top drawer in social circles.

William popped the question in October in Kenya after asking Kate's father for permission and the royal wedding is scheduled for spring or summer 2011 in London.

dcreplay

I'm really happy for them. I think Princess Diana would have really liked Kate.

duker

WHO CARES

awards

Does she look like trouble to you? Hope these two have a wonderful and long lasting relationship!

noneofyourbusiness

Good for them! I hope they have a very happy marriage and serve the people of England well.

Shread

This story is as boring as Kate Middleton looks. Yawn.

Fan

Please, please, please world, stop worshipping divas and useless celebrities. They are no more important than you and me.

alski

TMZ: No one cares if Prince William & Kate got engaged! No one cares about Mel & Oksana! Please give us some new good stories!

Susie-Q

AHHH A breath of fresh air. I have actually stopped coming on this site for I am so tired of Mel Gibson/Oksana story. Enough all ready!! It is so boring. This at least is some happy news. I wish them well. This is like spring time after a snowy long winter!!! Please other news behind Mel---who cares?

jballz

Those Brits sure take their silliness seriously.

Kelly

I guess Brits don't worry about the ring picture, huh?!

duh

For anyone saying who cares, they obviously have no idea how much money the royal family bring in with tourism for our economy. A Royal Wedding will bring in some much needed money to our countries, who are just coming out of a recession. Besides the fact that I loved his mother, this makes it even better news.

janalal4

Posted at 5:48 AM on Nov 16, 2010 by Fan

LOL! Then WHAT are you doin' here?! ;) Ah, don't get all 'tore up':)

WELL I KNOW I'LL BE TUNING INTO 'THE TELLY' ON THE WEDDING DAY JUST AS I DID FOR DI'S WEDDING:)

I think those of us who find the royal fam intriguing is because 'we' here in U.S., don't have anything like this & afterall, this IS our history too. 1776 ring a bell? Don't have to be British to have taken the royal fam into our hearts:) I loved watching Di & Charles wedding. I'm a chick afterall & what woman doesn't LOVE checking out the brides dress? As a woman, I followed Di's story from the day the royal fam 'presented' her to the press & thoughout her lifetime. It certainly WAS NOT because I worship 'celebrities' either because frankly I find most of them shallow, arrogant, & quite boring & really don't understand as you 'Fan' what all the interest in their personal lives is all about. Even us 'nobodies' have our own personal trials, chaos, happiness, & sadness & they are really no different. I'd really NEVER want to be a famous individual mainly because I LOVE MY PRIVACY & would hate that sort of existence. I'm one of those firm believers that 'fame & money' DOES NOT PURCHASE PEACE OF MIND & A HAPPY LIFE; think quite the opposite is true really, it makes your personal life & your intimate relationships far MORE COMPLICATED:( Nope, I followed Di's life because I felt a 'kinship' with her at the time because of her 'sadness' over loving a man who really didn't love her but simply married her to 'fulfill his royal duty' & SHE paid the price. Sure, she had everything materially that any 'Princess' would want except for what really mattered. When she was at her most 'unhappy', so was 'I' at the time; in an unhappy, loveless marriage to my first husband. However, I didn't stop believing in 'soul mates' & 'true love' & finally FOUND IT with my 2nd husband & it was right at the timeframe of Di & Dody's 'romance' when the paps were dogging her every step. I remember feeling so very happy for her & loved seeing how she absolutely 'glowed' when she was with him. It's was at the same time that my hubby & I were having our own little 'crazy-in-love time' ourselves! Then again, we ALL had our own individual reasons for following all the 'drama' that surrounded the royal fam at that time. Fergie was also GIVING US A PRETTY INTERESTING 'SHOW' AROUND THAT TIME REMEMBER?! LOL! Simply put, they were just fun as hell to be 'watching' during that time?)

We all need an 'escape' from our own 'routine & mundane' day to day personal lives & the busy, chaotic lives most of us lead. Those tasks that MUST be done every day as part of 'life'. The monarchy gives us a 'fairy tale' & brings out our 'voyeuristic' selves. Who doesn't want to BELIEVE in that fairy tale of 'love everlasting among Princes & Princesses'? Finding that soul mate & living happily ever-after in that castle? I think there's not a single one of us who hasn't really wanted THAT at one time in our lives or another(sigh). Ah, 'true love':) I'm just a silly, old 'romantic' at heart & don't think being one requires embarassment or any 'apology' for.

I'll be watching & so will alot of these 'poo-pooers' although they will DIE before they'll ever admit they were watching it right along with us die-hard 'romantic souls'! :) :)

janalal4

This picture of her does not do her justice, she’s actually quite pretty. I think it would have been funnier if he married some buck toothed woman from the slums of East Indian just to show people it’s not all about people station in life. Bawahhhaa

Posted at 6:16 AM on Nov 16, 2010 by Whamo

Along that same 'line' Whamo, heard something interesting on the radio here in Tampa this AM. Heard that besides the fact that she is not a 'blue blood' & has no 'royal ties' whatsoever, thought it was interesting to learn that she comes from a fairly 'middle class' family who makes their living from owning a store similar to what we think of as 'Party City'. Not sure if you have one of these stores where you are but they are essentially a 'party supply' type store specializing in selling supplies one would need to throw any sort of party at their home-decorations, etc. They also are sort of 'special occasion' party suppliers & provide supplies for 'themed' sort of parties; Halloween is a BIG ONE for example(or ANY calendar holiday for that matter) at our Party Cities here in Florida.

I believe that she & William met at school. That of course, IF the info I heard on the radio is correct:) Had no idea that they had 'cohabitated' before marriage tho'. LOL! Wonder what 'Granny' thought of that one?!

Maybe if they are truly marrying 'for love' then it's got a shot at working?! Must be really hard for William, the whole concept of love & marriage, considering all his mother & father went thru-all THAT drama & all it's 'scandalous' details:) Guess William is a 'romantic-at-heart' like his Mama:)

Londongirl

As a Brit living in London I have a few things to say about this engagement.

1. Those of us living in London are paying for the Olympics in 2012 which is being held in London despite the fact that it is supposed to benefit the WHOLE country.

2. Those of us living in London will most likely pay for the 2018 World Cup should we win the bid to host it.

So William and Kate. Congratulations on your engagement but could you please pay FOR YOUR OWN wedding. We in London are sick and tired of paying for everything through taxes.

And William. Please for the love of God, keep your racist, sperm donor of a grandfather AWAY from Kate. The last thing we need is for her to turn into your mother!

Danielle

Posted at 6:00 AM on Nov 16, 2010 by Susie-Q
---------------------
You can always scroll past the Mel and Oksana stories. This is not a news site btw, it is a gossip site. If you want news, go to CNN.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments