Man Shoots TV Over Bristol's 'Dancing' Routine

11/17/2010 1:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A SWAT team posted up outside a home in Wisconsin yesterday -- after a shotgun toting 67-year-old man blasted his TV because he was so enraged with Bristol Palin's performance on "Dancing with the Stars."

Bristol Palin Dancing With the Stars

Local authorities claim Steven Cowan (left) told officers that he felt Palin was not a good dancer and that she was only on the show because of her famous mother.

Officials say Cowan was so pissed after Monday's show -- that he fired at his television set and then aimed the gun at his wife ... though she managed to escape the house.

The SWAT team surrounded the home -- but negotiators were able to talk Cowan into surrendering early Tuesday morning. Authorities claim Cowan suffers from bipolar disorder.

Cowan was charged with 2nd degree reckless endangerment and could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

kittykat

she really does suck though. i wuld hav shot my tv but i dont own a gun. LOL!

Me2

Stacy. Suck. MY ****.

Alexa, you're next.

The guy was aiming at the wrong thing in my book.

Sammie

So if it weren't Palin's daughter would you even be reporting about some mental case in WI shooting his tv?

Kevin

I am sure it had little to do with her dancing, and more to do with political zealotry.

Political zealots are funny.

SayWhat

CLEARLY HE DID NOT AIM LOW ENOUGH SHE IS STILL ON THE SHOW!!

REALLY BRANDY GETS KICKED OFF AND THIS NO TALENT, NON- DANCING POLITICAL GROUPIE IS STILL ON THE SHOW!!! REALLY!!

Posted at 8:27 AM on Nov 17, 2010 by Kimberly W.
================================================
IF YOU DIDNT LIKE THE RESULTS YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED THE WAY THE ******GERS DID!

Now quit you bitching and hate filled rants. damn liberals are the biggest freaking babies when they dont get their way.
Its the format of the show dumbass, the judges can only do so much.

Marilyn Monroe

Brady should have dropped that booty and shook it at the crowd to win. Black people know how to bounce the booty and not do that tango mess.

SayWhat

grrr... now why cant you say tea bag gers??? wtf tmz???

Jesse James Hater

I thought all the Typical leftwing liberal nutjobs shot their TV's on November 3rd

LarryP

I also aimed at my TV set last night but I wasn't going to waste my vodka-filled supersoaker ammo on her. Instead I turned the gun on myself. Best option with live ammo or booze...

brahman

He's not wrong.

azlee

this dude really has bipolar. yikes. Hope they can get him settled on some meds that work.

It really shows how all of a sudden things can go south with mental illiness and the awesome people that still will love them. Sometimes not to safely either. Treatment will help.

Edie

I agree with this man wholeheartedly - who can blame him!!11

juju

This is the best commentary on DWTS I have seen yet:

"I hear they are changing the name of the show to:

Dancing with the Stars and an amoral kid from Alaska whose mom got famous for being not so smart and for quitting her job as a public servant in order to make millions on the backs of the toothless poor and people who need to feel better about their lack of intellectual curiosity, nuance and/or education.

I don't know how they are going to fit that on a sign but whatever".

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahha! Right on point!

Me2

SayWhat's droppin' the N Bomb!!!

i kid, i kid. SayWhat, I honestly believed there was no way to cheat the voting practices on such "sophisticated" shows like DWTS, last night I found out this was NOT the case, and that mass emailing scams are being practiced by some Tea B A G G E Rs. Needless to say this is no bueno.,

What happened to our meritocracy? No matter, if Bristol continues to "dance" like a beached whale on the dance floor and she wins, ABC's credibility will be destroyed. The Palins can win a TV contest, but a national election?? Puh-lease!

ohreally