Man Shoots TV Over Bristol's 'Dancing' Routine

11/17/2010 1:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A SWAT team posted up outside a home in Wisconsin yesterday -- after a shotgun toting 67-year-old man blasted his TV because he was so enraged with Bristol Palin's performance on "Dancing with the Stars."

Bristol Palin Dancing With the Stars

Local authorities claim Steven Cowan (left) told officers that he felt Palin was not a good dancer and that she was only on the show because of her famous mother.

Officials say Cowan was so pissed after Monday's show -- that he fired at his television set and then aimed the gun at his wife ... though she managed to escape the house.

The SWAT team surrounded the home -- but negotiators were able to talk Cowan into surrendering early Tuesday morning. Authorities claim Cowan suffers from bipolar disorder.

Cowan was charged with 2nd degree reckless endangerment and could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Jonny B Good

Give this guy a break.. I was just as mad but didn't want to shoot a 42" plasma over that nit wit family!!!!!Really.

carmon bailey

it's no wonder americans are miss trusted around the world they can't even get a simple dance competition right.Bristol Palin give me a break.I've watched all 11 seasons of this show and this season has been by far the the worst because of politics.America do the right thing it will go a long way to improving the trust of other people around the world.

Craig

The TV I can understand, but damn don't shoot your wife!

GEL

Stacey...are you a moron? ("boy, these deranged liberals really hate the palins... wow.. sick liberal guy there.") You are assuming he's a liberal...what in the h.e.l.l. does this have to do with politics? THE GIRL CANNOT DANCE, yet she's still there...it's enough to make me wanna puke just looking at her or her mother (and no I'm not a "Liberal")...instead of doing that though (or shooting my tv) I choose not to watch that train wreck...or her mother. However, I'm not bi-polar as that "deranged liberal" man is. If you know any thing about the bi-polar chemical imbalance, people who are not on the right meds or are off their meds....are unpredictable. It has NOTHING to do with their political beliefs or affiliation.

GO OUT AND GET AN EDUCATION.

SayWhat

The only vote that should count should be the 3 judges, not the audience- as they can vote multiple times. Her mother probably used robo callers and her political pals to call in. Brandy was robbed!!! DWTS is off my viewing list.

Posted at 8:44 AM on Nov 17, 2010 by cindy smith
========================================================
LMFAO!!! why dont you say what you really mean, the only vote that should count is yours.
and yeah, people can vote multiple times, just ask all those people that did so durning the presidential elections. hell, even dead people voted during that election.

Bristol Palin should have been voted off a long time ago but the people voted the way the format was set up for them to vote.

Dont like it?, then stop freaking watching. And even thought I think Bristol should have been voted off long ago, I'm not going to come on a board and hate on someone because I dont agree with her mothers politics.

But then again, Im not some hatefilled leftwing liberal nutjob that cant stand when I dont get my way. GROW THE F*CK UP!

me

This story is all kinds of awesomeness. (except for the pointing it at his wife bit, of course!)

Come on admit it, we all thought the same thing except we weren't armed :)

wasted days and wasted nights

I like this guy--old school. He didn't like what he saw, so he reached for his gun and shot the lights out of his television. DWTS should make him a judge, the people's judge.

ZShegar

This may have been a bit extreme but I wouldn't say it was because he was a liberal. It was more than likely due to the fact that she wasn't the best contender and did not deserve to be in the finals. By the way, for those who made the "murder" comment, may I respectfully suggest that you research what really happened in that situation before you label someone a murderer? The mere fact that you made such a statement makes me feel confident that you wouldn't heed to any suggestions to educate yourself on the facts. So sad.

Dee

This competition shall henceforth be renamed as "Dancing to the tune of the Tea-Party"!!!!!

Candy

He actually did what everyone watching wished they could do. Bravo.

truthy

---------------------------
Liberal and guns ? not possible, he is gun totting crazy contard.

Jackie

Lmao...that was very stupid....poor TV!...I bet if he was in the studio he would have shot Palin.

SayWhat

Posted at 8:53 AM on Nov 17, 2010 by Jackie
===========================================================
bwahahaha!!! a couple of words that you put together are enough to get you investigated. lmao!!!

DWTS FAN

Letting Brandy go was clearly a sign that there is some political clout overruled reasoning on that show yesterday. Brandy was shortchanged. In a competition it should be about the best and it was obvious Palin was not the best when placed neck to neck with Brandy. It was a ridiculous call on behalf of America and unfair one also.

Cartman

This is proof of how crazy liberals are.