Mark Ballas: Why Democrats Are Voting for Bristol ...

11/17/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Ballas claims he and Bristol Palin aren't just backed by Republicans -- and last night dude explained that all sorts of Democrats have pledged their support for the "Dancing" duo because of four specific reasons.

111710_mark_ballas_tmz_video_19

venicementor

@CJ, rico and all others like you, you should ashamed to show show your lack of intelligence in such an obvious manner. Your lives must be pathetic and people must be very unkind to you, as you illustrate it so well with you petty and vicious posts. I am sure that those who treat badly do so because you have undoubtedly deserved it.

julie

I don't think it's rigged in Bristols favor at all. It's all about picking up the phone and voting or online. If she were voted out last night some would continue to bash her for the heck of it. Not sure how someone with experience is put against someone with none. Thats what I see is a problem. Every year people bellyache over these shows.

Sue

I was OUTRAGED that Bristol made it to the finals instead of Brandy.

I will not watch that show anymore. Its become a fraud.

I cant even stand to watch Bristol's facial expressions. She is just a naive, simple
girl from Alaska, that has an attitude that she is above everyone due to her mother's fame.
I like Mark, he is a real gentleman, but come on, Bristol's dancing stinks.

Marc

Funny how none of these people were bitching about Bristol being a nobody when she was featured here for days on end. Now all of a sudden, she is only an unwed mother.
Guess what folks? The media, including the vultures here at TMZ, made her a celebrity. And that got her on DWTS. So point your fingers where they belong.
As for her dancing, she has greatly improved. Gotta give her credit for that. And she doesn't control the votes.
Of course if ya'll all think she should go because of what you perceive as poor dancing, even though she has the votes to stay, maybe ya'll can convince the clown in the White House to do the same.

skibe

I have voted for Bristol from the beginning for a couple of reasons. One is that she is not a performer or a dancer and has put herself out there to do her best. Two is in part due to the hateful comments on these postings about her. Come on people, she is a young girl that is making a life for herself. It's not about the politics. And Three, I cannot stand the other women finalists. Brandy was just not likable and I am tired of listening to Jennifer's whining. I like Kyle and would be happy if he won.

Cathy

Mark Ballas handled himself beautifully & spoke eloquently on Bristol's behalf. If I ever decide to run for political office, I want HIM as my PR person.

Mily

I love that he's wearing a team shirt from when he danced with someone else on the show, Shawn Johnson.

CJ

Posted at 10:13 AM on Nov 17, 2010 by venicementor
.......................................................................

Now venicementor...why ya gotta go and make it all personal like that? Where's the love, babe, where's the love?

My opinion had nothing to do with Princess Palin...my opinion is that he's all over her after they dance and that he doesn't respect her personal space.

Venicementor, don't get your knickers in a knot...it's just a friggin' dance show.

Dave

Obama won the Nobel Peace prize because of his ridiculous "popularity" (which has now completely fizzled out-hahahaha) but Bristol Palin's popularity on a freakin tv show is simply too much for the liberal obamabots??
Brandy and the dirty dancing girl have been dancing their whole lives, and performed in front of millions before. Bristol is by FAR the one who deserves the most credit for how much she has developed her dancing skills.

Dave

Liz

Give me a break her Moms minions are voting for Bristol who can't dance worth a damn. The fix is in if I were Jennifer Grey I would decline to take part any more.

get real

Go Home Palins........The Show has become a Fraud. That girl Cannot Dance. She knows how to shake a Puss. Thats about it. Go find another Levi near Russia. LOL...... Your making a fool of yourself. Oh Thats right, Shes a Palin. Thats their MO.

My two cents ;)

Ok I actually like Bristol and I think she has come a long way. She has improved more than any dancer on the show this season. Is that something I relate to yes. However, the show is "Dancing with the Stars" Bristol is not a star. So I think it is unfair that she made it this far or even got on the show in the first place. She isn't a star but I doubt that it's in her contract to be one even though the show is titled Dancing with the Stars...My vote goes to Jennifer Grey a true dedicated star

Anon

I think they are hearing the anger and are trying to position this as Democrats are voting for them too. The reality is she is not a good dancer. If you are watching the show for entertainment, why would you want to watch a bad dancer? There are so many sites showing people how to game the system as some sort of Tea Party message and these people are voting 300 times a week. It's a joke. I've stopped watching.

Gene

I honestly thought Bristol would be voted off this week. That said, I did give her my five full votes this week. The reason I gave her my 5 votes was because she did the Paso doble very well, but it was the waltz that got to me. All I know is I started crying, it struck an emotional cord in me, the music, the movements, the haunting beauty of the whole thing, was moving. I know the judges didn't think so, and thought she lacked emotion, but the song, "Mary comes to Jesus", and the dance was just emotional for me. Can't really explain why, it just was.