Pauly D Mobbed on College Campus, Cops Called

11/18/2010 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hell broke loose at the University of Rhode Island last night when Pauly D was spotted on campus -- because so many students chased after the guy, that cops had to help the "Jersey Shore" star escape.

Pauly -- who's from Rhode Island -- was on campus to visit a friend ... when word spread on Facebook that he was at the school. Suddenly, students began pouring out of the buildings so they could see Pauly with their own eyes.

In a matter of minutes, roughly 1000 students had surrounded the building where Pauly was holed up.

We're told Pauly's private security eventually grabbed him and stuffed him into his car. Uniformed police officers were also called to the scene to help control the mob.

Pauly finally managed to get out -- but police told the reality star he's not allowed to return to URI unless he coordinates with law enforcement first.

Insane.

Cartman

Pauly has his own security?

dd

I could see this on a high school campus, but COLLEGE, those kids need a vacation.

annie2

You have GOT to be kidding me. I actually forced myself to sit through a complete episode of this show a few weeks ago (after several attempts lasting no longer than 10 minutes each try). Talk about an hour of your life you can't get back. If there had been a gun in the house I would have turned it on myself...oh wait, I had knives...damm!

Jack

yep, those students are our countries future. I'm going right now to build the bomb shelter and buy canned goods.

FlamingoNut

It's sad that people would mob this dork...

Cartman

It's Rhode Island after all. Home of "Dumb and Dumber".

Ak

its Rhode Island and nothing ever happens there. A fly on the wall would get the same crazy reaction of excitement.

Kimberly W.

I AM NOT SURPRISED!!! ITS PAULY D'''' HOT HOT HOT

THATS RIGHT I WOULD HAVE PUT ON MY TRACK SHOES AND RAN AFTER HIS SUPER SEXY AZZZZZ ALSO...

YUM YUM

marc

I live in RI and used to own a small pizza place on the campus on URI. The Pizza Pocket URI The cops there have there heads so far up there ass no wonder they had to "HELP HIM ESCAPE" If they were real cops they would have seen the crowed and shut it down. o and BTW them bitch ass pigs so called "campus cops" dont even carry guns... LOL Yea thats right Officer Paul Jensen Your a loser and should be shot. Thinks he is tough cause he picks up college freshmen and gets em drunk LOL check his record. I sued em an so did a few other student.

Superman

Really?!? Just because he's on some stupid, douchebag program?!?! It's like flies to sh*t. Idiots!!!!

NDNchief

The real news is that Pauly D was on a college campus. I'm surprised he didn't burst into flames from the proximity to knowledge and substance. That said, I'll admit to watching a couple of Ep's of his show & he's on e of the least annoying "characters".

Holly

Is this that show with that ugly Snooki girl? I didnt know it was that popular

Real_s2

if you dont like the show you dont have to watch it. no point hating on someone you dont even know.. find something better to do with your life.

B

If by "insane" you mean "insane that people care"...I have to agree.

Whocares