Pauly D Mobbed on College Campus, Cops Called

11/18/2010 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hell broke loose at the University of Rhode Island last night when Pauly D was spotted on campus -- because so many students chased after the guy, that cops had to help the "Jersey Shore" star escape.

Pauly -- who's from Rhode Island -- was on campus to visit a friend ... when word spread on Facebook that he was at the school. Suddenly, students began pouring out of the buildings so they could see Pauly with their own eyes.

In a matter of minutes, roughly 1000 students had surrounded the building where Pauly was holed up.

We're told Pauly's private security eventually grabbed him and stuffed him into his car. Uniformed police officers were also called to the scene to help control the mob.

Pauly finally managed to get out -- but police told the reality star he's not allowed to return to URI unless he coordinates with law enforcement first.

Insane.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

KTSY

Don't hate on URI. Tom Ryan (CEO, CVS) and Christiane Amanpour (CNN) are graduates. It's a very, very good school. I agree with the above poster that the crowd was probably trying to push him the F* out!

Cristian

lol, far from his pathetic days when he used to stand around at the mall drinking his soda and fall flat on his face every time he tried to get a girls attention. He's still a cornball but a cornball with tv time and money. The dudes at smoke lounge right now on fed hill. Most ppl instead still pay him no mind. But i guess he went to the wrong place a couple nights ago. Most of the chicks on campus are from outta state mostly jersey too. Thats the shows target audience 18 - 21 yo chicks from jersey, it's to be expected. ugh i have a feeling im going to be seeing that cornball more often at the gym i thought his dumb ass left for good.

What_

You have got to be fricken kidding me! okay it's offical, you dont have to have talent to make it in hollywood anymore fantastic so if I go to hollywood and stand around long enough I can become a star.. or if I make a sex tape or get on some kinda MTV show being a total jackass I can be a star right. Dude sign me the F-up.

Amanda

Makes me ashamed to go to this school.

jeebus

LOL this is just too funny. I can honestly say I don't watch the show but, I gotta give him credit. What guy would want several hot young college students after him? Maybe there is something to that $30,000 Nike investment. I think I might buy a few more pairs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5