« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex College Football Star: The Horrific Crash Photos

11/20/2010 11:06 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former University of Hawaii star Colt Brennan has been upgraded to stable condition this morning -- which is a borderline miracle when you see the gruesome photos TMZ has obtained of his car accident yesterday.

1120_colt_brennan_crash_EXP3
Brennan was the passenger in a vehicle being driven by his girlfriend when it collided head-on with another vehicle. The photos above were taken just moments after the crash, before paramedics arrived on scene. Brennan was still inside the vehicle at the time.

Brennan suffered broken ribs, a broken left collarbone, and head injuries. His girlfriend reportedly suffered a broken collarbone, while the driver of the other vehicle suffered leg injuries.

Brennan finished third in the Heisman voting in 2007 and holds numerous NCAA records -- but he never quite made it in the NFL and was cut from the Oakland Raiders back in September.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Menehune Action News

Menahune News Update, 1:30pm Hawaii Time: Shakti Streams Facebook page has been deleted. This raises speculation that the comments and true story of this accident are just beginning.
Re: The brakes failed comment . This doesn't fly with investigators as the vehicle was not attempting to make a left turn as there was no left turn for a half mile in either direction. Here is a link to the goggle earth map of the crash location. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1R2ADBR_enUS330&q=November+19th+Hawaii+Island+Volleyball+tourney&wrapid=tlif12902965083391&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=bl

Traveling north, go about 1/2 mile past Kekaha Kai State Park on Hwy 19 in street view and you can find mile marker 90. The road is straight with 1 mile perfect visibility in both directions, there's not even a sud standard lava road to turn left onto. However in defense of the driver, if you go back and look at death records for the big island you can see there have been many accidents aroundthis 90 mile marker area of Hwy 19 in the past 30 years. Another defense for the driver is that the air quality is so bad on the big island in this western tip location from the volcanic pollution. Its amazing that anybody can think clearly living on the west coast of the big island. You decide, Was it an accident or a incident?

Jessica

I live on the Big Island and that highway has a lot of accidents, seems like it's been happening alot!! I was in shock when I heard the news, I have him on my google alert!! I always pray that when I head over to Kona that I make it back to Hilo safe!! I loved watching Brennan play football for UH!! He's awesome. He never played in the regular season NFL but he still is my favorite NFL player. I hope he and the rest make it out okay and I hope he can still have a career in the NFL!!

Cait

What kind of sick world do we live in that people are taking pictures of a potentially fatal accident? The poor kid was still in the car and for all the "photographer" knows may be dying. If you were in that accident would you want people pulling out the camera to take pictures to sell or would you want help? I wonder how much cash he got for handing these pictures over? It is disgusting that people would do that.

trinity911

Posted at 8:19 PM on Nov 20, 2010 by Cait

****************

I can't believe that it took 18 comments for someone to bring that up. I agree with you, Cait.

Menehune Action News

Menahune Action News Update 8pm Hawaii Time. there have been comments by eye witnesses from the accident that raises the question. What was going on in that 1997 Toyota SUV seconds before the near fatal contact. You can read this and decide for yourself.
Big Island police have opened two negligent injury investigations into the head-on crash investigators said was caused by Brennan's girlfriend, Shakti Stream, 27, who was behind the wheel of the Toyota 4-runner that crossed the centerline and collided head on with the Saab sedan heading south on Queen Kaahumanu Highway at 9:30 a.m. Friday.

Angel Daos was 15 minutes from leaving her home in Waikoloa when she saw Stream's SUV fishtail before being narrowly missed by Stream's car.

"They swerved right back into the median and then they came straight for my car," said Daos. "So I pulled off then I checked in my rear view mirror real quick and I saw them connect with the other car. The car got sent airborne and then upside down in the lava rocks, then the four runner skidded a little big and landed passenger side down."

Another disturbing comment is that the Big Island police refused to answer the question from the media if a blood draw was taken from Stream. Is the local police protecting Stream? Others have chimed in to share stories about corruption that rivals Indonesia throughout the Police department in Hawaii. The Big Island of Hawaii in particular has a small population where many residents are directly related by blood. As the saying goes, "Blood is thicker than water". Are the Big Island Police protecting there own? Is Shakti under suicide watch at the Kona Hospital? Will Colt Brennan reveal the truth or will the participants lawyer up? Stay tuned right here on TMZ where all other media including drudge report draw relevant news.

niles

You can bet she was on the phone.

Teri

WHY would you post these ??? The people were still inside .. they have family that dont need to see this ...Tacky move here guys ...

anjel thomas

Get well Colt my prayers go out to you and your girlfriend and family.

carol bauduin

big colt brenann fan so sorry to hear about this crash. boy he just cannot get a break in football or life. my prayers are with you colt.

Menehune Action News

Menehune Action News

Menahune Action News Update 8pm Hawaii Time. There have been comments by eye witnesses from the accident that raises the question. What was going on in that 1997 Toyota SUV seconds before the near fatal contact. You can read this and decide for yourself.

joe

Man, that's a shame but doesn't really look that newsworthy...accidents like this happen everyday everywhere , the lesson here is never relax when your old lady's driving, but it's still better than taking a cab

Throwback kid

Did she have Halle Berry as a driving instructor?

Jessica

the other driver in the other car was a local doctor. her husband who is also a doctor talked in the local paper and said that she suffered fractions to her neck, arms, legs and hips. She already undergone one surgery and probably will have to go through more. Poor Woman had an anerueysm in 2008 now she has to face this.

Might not be newsworthy to some but for those in Hawaii, think of him as a hero, a legend. He's been front page story on all the local papers since Saturday and on the news. Even when UH Football played on Saturday, the players had him in their minds. They need to do something to that road, I always pray that I make it back home whenever I head out to Kona. Hope Colt and the others come out of this okay.

Brennan fan

I'm a BIG fan of Colt's!!! I only hope for the best for him. Hopefully he will recover and continue to play NFL. I'm also from Laguna Beach, Calif. then moved to Honolulu...same as Colt. I also hope the real truth comes out. No more rumors as his girlfriend can not defend herself right now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2