Sarah Palin Blasted for Halibut 'Snuff Film'

11/23/2010 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sarah Palin thought it was "weird" when she held the beating heart of a halibut in the palm of her hand on her reality show this weekend -- now an animal rights group is calling the episode a "snuff film."

Sarah Palin

Sarah and Bristol were featured on a halibut fishing excursion on the reality show "Sarah Palin's Alaska" -- the show even featured a scene in which Sarah and Bristol clubbed the fish to death ... a standard practice among  fisherman.

But a group called "In Defense of Animals" is lashing out at the reality fam -- saying, "Sarah Palin’s complete lack of compassion as demonstrated in this snuff video is disgusting."

The group adds, "Most disturbing is the way she seems to enjoy causing suffering to other beings. When they laugh about the beating heart that Bristol holds in her hand, their complete insensitivity to the animal kingdom becomes clear."

FYI ... a rep for the Alaska Charter Association -- a group in defense of recreational halibut fishing -- tells us the clubbing technique is actually "humane" because it's used to "minimize the suffering of the fish."

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I wonder how the retard Trig is doing?

Tell him I said "urghh yhgafdo lkfhy gdfr"

Posted at 1:38 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by RonBurgundy
trug says lkjrfm;lt' ppgpro ddaa doo ddooo
back at ya ron

CG

#11 I wish someone would club you to death, *******.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

eric quit crying like a girl ya bitch

Woody McBrreairty

To say the Palins are a dysfunctional family is an understatement. These I think ar every sick people, twisted minds. I have always thought Mama Sarah is a mentally deranged woman - she keeps proving me right. Beating bloody halibut to death with a club is not only not presidential and unwomanly, it is sick. The woman has such serious mental issues, unfortunatley she seems to be imposing them on her bezarre offspring - they are a disgrace to this country - how I wish they would just go away.

ohplease

Do people think that their food just magically arrives neatly packaged in styrofoam and plastic at the supermarket? Somebody has to kill it. Whether it's a cow, a pig, a chicken, or a fish, it has to DIE so you can eat it. What would you folks suggest as a "humane" way of killing a fish? Or are you just pissed that it's Sarah Palin? I think the latter is correct ... some people need a serious reality check. Or they just need to eat rice and beans for the rest of their lives.

AnimallsWife

Poster #11 RonBurgundy is out of line with that comment. Leave the baby out of it. 1 out of 100 children are diagnosed with autism every day. Hopefully you will never have to experience parenting an autistic child.

tgrfan42069

so i guess i cant take my son fishing now when he gets older..because i may piss off some tree hugger.

Moe Green

You may get some fish mad!

Aimee

Ron Burgundy you are a sorry excuse for a human being. I wish someone would beat you with a club.

ohplease

And to make fun of ANYONE's disabled child just because you don't like the parent is sick and cruel. Your opinion has NO value when you stoop that low.

JLS

The entire Palin family doesn't seem to have any respect for anything or anyone.

The define disgusting.

Murf

If you think it was OK for her to beat the fish to death ... why not volunteer to have someone do the same to you. After all what makes you so special.

karlew

I somehow doubt these uptight pricks have even seen a snuff film. Honey if you think banging a halibut on the head is in anyway comparable then it's you who have any lack of compassion. Snuff films are about torture, fear and degradation. They are made for the express purpose of sexually aroussing the most disturbed and evil members of society. This was about fishing.

Lisa

Gee, Jim, I am simply crushed by your witty and erudite response to my comment, you have the vocabulary and insight of William Buckley! Why exactly am I a moron? I am not against the hunting to eat, if someone is truly needy and hungry... I am against sport hunting and the unnecessary pain and suffering of animals. Or are you a Palin lover? Frankly, she and her family scare me, but if you like her, then go ahead, vote them into the White House, while many will head for Canada, trying to join Randy Quaid in getting amnesty from the fish-whackers. In the meantime, keep laughing, its the only way to survive these crazy days.

CaliWriter

This whole family is nothing but a group of f**ktards. They continully show what this country would be like if she gets elected to ANY public office.