The Coolest Thing Kanye West Has Ever Done

11/30/2010 10:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West spent 90 minutes gift wrapping presents for foster kids today at a charity event in NYC -- but he didn't do it for the publicity ... he did it because he happened to be in the area and he felt like helping out.

1130_kanye_West_photo_launch_EXD

Sources tell TMZ West was not scheduled to attend the New Yorkers for Children's 8th annual "Wrap to Rap" event at the Ainsworth in NYC this afternoon ... but around 6:00 PM, he strolled right in and asked if he could help out.

We're told some people at the event asked West why he decided to roll in -- and Kanye explained he simply felt compelled to lend a hand because he believed it was a good cause.

Our sources say West cheerfully wrapped some of the 2,000 gifts that were donated by Wal-Mart ... and then quietly slipped out the back.

How's that for holiday spirit?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bippy

Just wait for a couple of days - he will pick up a microphone and s.h.i.t. all over himself again!!!

amy

Bull**** he didnt do that for publicity!!

Nunya

He's still an azzhole

dg

I don't believe it. He knew the cameras were there or would not have done it. Not a kanya fan in any size shape or form. ****y, self absorbed and full of his own pr.... not music to my ears. People need to get a life and let him go on his way. His music can be good...but certainly not worth the ego that comes with it.

Dee

I hate the friggin' site of this a**h***! Wire his big, stupid mouth shut then you've got something.
Good thing is - he's his own worst enemy. Great hearing him get booed in the parade. LOL

static

A photo op "look at me I'm really a nice guy", too late Kanye we've seen and heard enough to know better.

mary

I agree with all previous comments. He's a jerk.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

I am so glad he felt like it was a "good cause"
instead of just plain helping people out.............

missy

I was hoping you would say the coolest thing Kanye ever did was...kill himself!

Lemonade

How big of him! Wrapping presents! I bet if you asked the volunteers their they'd tell you he was more of a pain in the arse than a help.

mags

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeeWA2010

Good Job Ye!

matt

Life must suck for all the haters above. kanye keeps smiling and giving even with all the hate; big win.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

getting even with the haters?

by wrapping some freakin' presents?

woooooo, look out!

Andrew

Yeah, right. As if he didn't know the press would be there. What a fake, phony *******.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments