'16 and Pregnant' Family -- Furious With MTV

12/2/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the families featured on this week's episode of MTV's "16 and Pregnant" is threatening to sue the network -- claiming producers schemed to portray them as reckless, unsupportive relatives.

1201_16_preggers
Kathleen Green (left) -- the grandmother of baby daddy Isiah -- tells TMZ the network "defamed" her family because "nothing that aired is what happened" in real life.

Kathleen tells us MTV set up shots and heavily edited footage in the episode -- which revolves around Isiah, his baby mama Christinna (right) and the birth of their daughter Destiny.

Kathleen says she's particularly upset with a scene involving a DNA test she bought for Christinna -- claiming she came off as a cold-hearted bitch because MTV left out one key detail -- "They didn’t show that [Christinna] had told us she had had sex with some other guy."

Now, Green says her family wants to sue the network for defamation.

Calls to MTV have not been returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

srerrn2

Let's say this is true that the baby's mother did have sex with someone else. If a DNA test is going to be done(and I think that would probably be a good idea) then that is between the baby's mother and father. She can still love and support her grandson without being confrontational and so judgemental. She may be upset and angry about this unplanned teen pregnancy but the deed is already done. Her actions serve no positive purpose. Mind your own business Grandma!!

Lyndsey

So what if she slept with another man, Isaiah is not a saint and he cheated on her too. Take some of that money yall made on MTV and pay someone to re-dread Isaiah's hair, it looks filthy.

katie

They can only use what you give them, if they acted like cold hearted people, that's what mtv had to use. no amount of editing can turn a supportive, helpfull family into a bunch of mean a-holes.

hustlin diva

well how do you say this watching that show with the grandmother she was very nasty towards here and made here feel very uncomfortable for here to be in the room with here inlaws and she felt so out of place being there and to have to be subject to getting a dna test how you thought she felt all alone and the whole family rideing down here about being pregant here husband was very strong for here SHE got what she deserve she cant true if it was the truth she not perfect because where is here man she so nasty nobody want here

Telibah

I can not believe this lady she says things that was aired didn't happen in real life. Thats the stupidest thing to say when you allowed MTV to film you in real life. DId they make a mask out of your face and have someone else play you. Seriously this is all about money, because people are so desperate they are willing to exploit their children and families to be able to give them a better life with money its sad. This season it was about 19 16 year olds who were pregnant LOL my point is the numbers are growing its crazy that all these teens are not educated about sex! Young woman need to learn how to carry condoms also you can always be in the mood just protect yourself from consequences after. All these young dumb females having babies making more humans its sickening. I don't understand why all these young girls are so obsessed with boys and relationships. The reason why they have problems and are always fighting is because they haven't lived life and experienced things, learned things and become adults. I still played with Dolls at 16 not penis I am a 26 year old mother of one beautiful talented left handed little princess I had her at 21 I think that is really young to have children. You are not established like you should be I was a junior in college when I got pregnant and I graduated after I had her. I wanted more things before I had her like to have traveled more, got married later in my 30's then had her. These females make excuses to me its TV drama they get paid to act this way but until I get in front of some camera's and spill my story to the world, I won't know what its like, so I can't judge, but I will definitely make sure my contract states Air "what happened in real life" so my character doesn't get defamed and I look like a heartless "Bitch" Seriously how did you expect MTV to treat you they can air what they want lol.

tellyy

ndnchief u suck

Michael

MUAH I WANT MORE MONEY, MUAH I WANT MORE FAME. MUAH IM SUING MTV CAUSE I DIDN'T GET ON TEEN MOM LIKE THE WHITE GIRLS AND I DIDNT GET MORE MONEY, MUAH.

This is what happens when you give the trash of Society MONEY.

There has always been a great system, the good people get money, the trash stay trash because thats what they are. EVEN if you give them money they are still trash, they dont change.

STOP GIVING TRASH MONEY....

OH I LOVE MACI AND I DONT CONSIDER HER TRASH. HOWEVER HER BABY DADDY, AND KYLE TOTAL TRASH THEY SHOULDNT GET MONEY.

FARRAH, PLASTIC TRASH.