« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Erin Barry: I DID NOT Have Affair with Tony Parker

12/2/2010 10:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman named in the alleged Tony Parker sexting scandal is finally breaking her silence -- adamantly denying that she had an affair with Eva Longoria's husband.

1202_erin_berry_tony_parker_eva_BN

Erin Barry -- wife of Tony's former teammate Brent Barry -- just went to her website and wrote, "I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH TONY PARKER, nor did I 'pursue' Tony Parker."

She continues, "Unfortunately, because our divorces are occurring at the same time, great speculation has been cast on our friendship."

"My friendship with Tony Parker had nothing to do with the end of my marriage (which is painful enough without this added drama), and to assume that we had an affair is naïve, ridiculous, and completely misguided."

See the entire statement after the jump ...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Greetings all,

It has been brought to my attention that people who do not know me think that I have had an affair with Tony Parker. I have received hundreds of emails and phone calls from supportive friends who do know me and know that what is being insinuated about me is a complete lie. I am so busy with my children and law school studies that to take even a few moments out of my day to address this ludicrous issue is an annoyance. I only take the time to explain myself because apparently my silence, as a result of my indifference, has been construed as an admission of guilt. These are my words and this is the last you will hear from me on this subject because I have more important things to do.

I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH TONY PARKER, nor did I “pursue” Tony Parker. Unfortunately, because our divorces are occurring at the same time, great speculation has been cast on our friendship. My friendship with Tony Parker had nothing to do with the end of my marriage (which is painful enough without this added drama), and to assume that we had an affair is naïve, ridiculous, and completely misguided.

Every day I dedicate myself to being a good person and the best Mom that I can possibly be for my two beautiful children. I pride myself on being a Mom first, an advocate for abused children second, and a law student third. Those are the things that are of the utmost importance to me. I have spent my adult life fighting for children who have been victimized so forgive me for not caring when someone tells me that my name is being dragged through the mud.

Salacious rumors are not what keep me awake at night. What keeps me awake is wondering how the 5-year-old who was taken away from her abusive family is sleeping during her first night in a children’s shelter. I worry about friends fighting overseas and whether or not they will return home to their families. I worry about the health of my children, my family, and my friends. I worry about soccer uniforms, carpool, immunizations, baseball practice, paying the bills on time, grocery shopping, the kid’s homework, and so many other things that may seem menial to some people; but to me are everything. Right now I worry about my law school finals… being a first year law student is much scarier than dealing with gossip!

Happy Thanksgiving. My family and I want thank our troops and their families for their sacrifices that enable us to enjoy our freedoms this holiday season.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my website. While you are here I would encourage you to get involved with (or donate to) the children’s organizations that fight child abuse and neglect in San Antonio or your part of the world.

God bless you and your family,

Erin Marie Barry
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

D. G. Hut

What she forgot to be is a good wife!!!!

Ariyah

She slept with him.You can tell by how angry and agravated she is about everything.She did not pride herself in being a good wife.Everything came first except her husband.

lua

I went to high school with Erin Barry. Not surprising she would throw a friend under the bus. She may not have had a physical relationship, but good lord, she went behind her friend's back and exchanged secret texts with her husband. How would she have felt if it were the other way around? She will do anything to cover her ass and look good. After 20 years, nothing has really changed.

Montana Hannah

Shakin' my head up here in the mountains. MYOB - you people are so non-busy that you have to adopt someone elses pain to get you jollies?

joey

THIS STPUID LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY HER LAWYER.LOL

THIS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE HER WORDS. QUOTE.."These are my words and this is the last you will hear from me on this subject because I have more important things to do AND ANOTHER PART to take even a few moments out of my day to address this ludicrous issue is an annoyance". THIS SOUNDS LIKE HER LAWYER PREPARED THIS.LOL

SHE TALK'S ABOUT HER SON'S LIKE SHE RAISED THEM HERSELF.
SHE SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED AT LEAST BRENT NAME ONCE "OUT OF RESPECT" AS A FATHER TO THEIR 2 SONS AND A ONCE TIME 12 YEAR COMMITTED MARRIAGED.
AND WHAT IS IT ABOUT ALL THIS WORRING. IN ONE SENTENCE SHE SAID THAT SHE WORRY ABOUT A LITTLE GIRL FIRST NIGHT IN THE SLELTER..WELL WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN THAT SHE WORRY ABOUT KIDS IN GENRAL IN SHELTERS. I MEAN I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY TO KNOW THAT THESE ARE NOT HER WORDS.(NICE TRY)

LIKE I SAID HER LAWYER WROTE THIS TO CONVIENCE THE JUDGE TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE SHE'S A STABLE MOTHER.(SHE'S A PHONE SEX FREAK)I'M PRETTY SURE SHE HAD ALOT OF FREE TIME ON HER HANDS TO TEXT PARKER AND TALK DIRTY ON THE PHONE.

THE REASON I FILL THAT THE ISSUE WAS ADDRESS CAME FROM HER LAWYER IS BECAUSE SHE'S REALLY GOING TO KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A SINGLE PARENT WITHOUT HER EX HUSBAND BRENT HELP.

joey

THIS STPUID LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY HER LAWYER.LOL

SHE TALK'S ABOUT HER SON'S LIKE SHE RAISED THEM HERSELF.

SOMETIMES MONEY IS NOT THE ANSWER,,SHE HAD A GOOD THING GOING AND NOW HE BLEW IT ON FRAK LIKE TONY PARKER WHI NEVER GAVE A DAMM ABOUT HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. SO WHATEVER LAWYER SHE INTEND TO BE..I HAVE NO CLUE WHO SHE WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP IF SHE'S A WHORE HERSELF.

susan sager

Well, Erin could not have said it any more clearly, at least from her point of view of things that are occurring.

Lisa

To Disturbed:
Actually, if a married man is sending inappropriate messages to another woman behind his wife's back that can be classified as an emotional affair.
Besides why would should a married man be turning to another woman for emotional support? Or flirting with another woman when he should be turning to his wife? What he is doing is taking vital energy from his primary relationship and investing it in a secondary relationship. This not fair to his wife and ultimately detrimental to the marriage. Hence Eva and Tony may divorce.

Good for Eva for not putting up with such BS!

toni

Its a shame that there are always innocent victims in divorces. Erin you should go soul searching and seek forgivness. Eva, do not divorce your man! you guys are good together and u clearly love each other deeply. This (Erin) too shall pass! Be bold, brave and prayerful. Rise above the Jezebels of this world!

Bob

Hmmm. All the things she does do leaves no time for texting/sexting.. or does it..?

Amanda

She sounds very arrogant and guilty at the same time. Notice how they were no mention of her husband or Eva, just Tony's name, and more than once at that. I think she like's writing his name and evidentally writing a lot more about him, or to him. She will get what she deserves,, just remember this one promise in life, it is in The Bible as well, so you can take it as face value and a very strong promise from GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF; "You Will Reap What You Sew!" People may never know the truth about what she and Tony did, but GOD does and that is all that matters, as I said above, she will reap what she has sewn. So if she is inncoent, good for her, but if not, somewhere, sometime, maybe in our lifetime and maybe not, she will pay for the mistakes and pain she has caused. We all will!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7