Josh Duhamel

Kicked Off Plane in NYC

12/3/2010 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Josh Duhamel was escorted off of a plane yesterday after he refused to turn off his BlackBerry ... sources tell TMZ.

1203_josh_EX_TMZ_03
We're told Duhamel was on a flight from New York (LGA) to Kentucky -- when, according to sources, the flight attendant asked Duhamel to turn off his BlackBerry before takeoff ... but he refused.

One passenger tells us Duhamel was "very rude" and "taunting the attendant."

We're told the flight attendant asked Josh to turn off the device three separate times -- and on the third time Josh laughed at his request.

We're told Duhamel's reaction infuriated the attendant, who then called for backup -- and the plane, which was already on the runway, was turned back to the gate.

Two US Airways reps eventually boarded the plane and escorted Duhamel off of the aircraft.

We're told passengers were pissed -- because the incident further delayed the flight.

Before boarding the plane, we're told Josh was in the airport bar watching the Cleveland/Miami game.

Duhamel's rep told TMZ Josh was texting on his BlackBerry about his flight being delayed.  The rep adds, "He's sorry."

1203_a_josj_duhamel_footer

Amy

what a douche. maybe he's just mad that his wife is looking more and more like catwoman.

GEL

What a selfish, arrogant jerk!!! Thanks to him, EVERYONE on that flight was delayed, just because he refused to follow flight safety protocol and turn off his blackberry AS EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO DO!!! I believe when people refuse to follow flight safety protocol they should be banned from flying for a time-period. He was breaking FEDERAL LAW, there should be consequences.

KicksandGiggles

What an arrogant moron!! Too bad he wasn't arrested!! I think the ticket cost of each passenger should have been charged to this moron for their inconvenience.

Charlie

I heard he was gay.

super stew

What a jerk! I'm a flight attendant and that is one of the most annoying things. Why are YOU more important than the other 200 pax? You're not! Good job crew!

Fin

yo Josh, you're an actor! get over yourself!

Northerner

i used to like this guy but now i think he is just an arrogant jackoff! its nice to see these douchebags get put in there place. they think they are so much better then everyone else since people kiss there ass so much. would love to see a celebrity rub me the wrong way in person, i would rip them a new ass and make them feel lower then worm ****!

Common Sense

Did anyone read Sneaky shoes comment? or the latest news from pilots that using a phone during take off and landing the most ineffective rules in flying today

Me

Selfish Douchebag!!!

bunghole

no class queerbait douche

Hard Working Joe

Man, I hate arrogant, entitled people who think they are exempt from safety rules everyone else has to follow. I'm glad his ass was hauled off the plane. I hope it hurts his career.

Flight attendants and other passengers deserve better than this garbage.

Grace

I feel sorry for the other passengers who were inconveniency. He should be banned from all US Airlines for a year. That would teach him a lesson. Dirtbag. I hope he never works again as an actor.

Tom Cruise

What a ****....if I was on that flight i would be pissed too, he should go to jail for that in my opinion.

ylg

Wow. He must have thought he was actually somebody.

tycobb07

I used to work for an agency in LA and let me tell you...this is guy is a douche. huge douche. hes one of the rudest celebs ive ever spoken to.

Hey Josh...Las Vegas was cancelled. get a life.