The Most Random Celebs Ever Sing 'Let It Be'

12/3/2010 7:26 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

If you ever wanted to see the most haphazard assortment of D-list celebs ever assembled ... like David Faustino, Right Said Fred, Alfonso Ribeiro, Tonya Harding ... oh, and Glenn Close sing along to the Beatles hit "Let It Be," then today is your lucky day.

It's a promo for some Norwegian television show, but looks more like a bizarro "We Are the World"/SNL sketch.

Be prepared to be mesmerized by the randomness.

Franko

Seeing Gordon Kaye made it all worthwhile. One of the best brit-coms after Fawlty Towers.

btsyjn

that was amusing, intriguing,and hilarious all at once :-)

Michael

No reason to live,
Kill me know, I've seen everything...

Hey, at least they had studio singers do the vocal parts.
Just imagine how bad it could have been if they actually
let them sing.

Really interesting how they put it together,
a pretty decent chromakey job and I liked the way
they spaced them in and out. They get an A for effort...

Franko

Everything is digi-enhanced. Note how the shadows don't point exactly in same direction when they're all together.

Leslie

the greatest video ever!!! It just kept getting better.

raven

I smiled all the way through the video and the comments.
Still smiling and going back for another uplifting sing along.

pink_sapphirexo

I enjoyed that. It was cool seeing so many 80's stars again. Ana Alicia is still beautiful. She looks just radiant in this video.

Jacqui

Um..................wow.

JALJax

That was so awsome brings back alot of memories from when I was younger I loved it. Was one of the funniest things iv seen in awhile.

Music Fan

For those wondering about the voices not matching sound of the recording, it's because all the celebs in the video are actually lip-synching to a version of Let It Be that was recorded and released as a charity single back in the early 1990s to benefit the victims of a ferry boat disaster. They dubbed it FerryAid.

So yeah, the voices you hear are indeed McCartney, Boy George, Kate Bush, etc.

squeakermama

Wow that was strange and troubling.

Ken

This is a cover from the 80's....it for created for Ferry Aid. A ferry capsized and 183 people died. The proceeds from this song went to a charity for the victim's families.

chris

the promo is for a Norwegian show called "Golden Times" where they revisits the heroes of their youths and see where they are now.

Music Fan

Excuse me, late 1980s:

Jo

I seriously can't help but watch this video over and over again! My new guilty pleasure!! LOL