MJ Album -- Snippets from EVERY SINGLE New Song

12/6/2010 11:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's another Michael Jackson mega-tease -- 10 brand new snippets from every song on the upcoming album have gone public ... just days before the album is set for release.
120610_michael_audio_still_v2_m

30 seconds from each song appeared on the Internet this weekend -- which adds up to a pretty badass five-minute preview of the new album titled, "MICHAEL."

The full album is scheduled to be released next week.

invincible187

It's sad to see that some people's attempts to sabotage this album are paying off. I'm surprised to see Michael's own fans boycotting the album based on rumour and speculation about 3 songs on the album. Don't you know any better by now Any true fan will ask themselves - 'where would Michael like an album with his name on it to be number 1, or the bargain bin OR in fact any other chart position than number 1' You know the answer. That alone tells me what to do. I will buy the album for Michael and his children. Boycotters I hope you're happy when the press label the album a flop and headlines state MJ is no longer relevant, or cared about... because you know full well thats what they'd do...they would not mention the boycott.Breaking News did sound strange but that will not put me off buying the album. The truth is likely that this was a pre-demo with no layering, and no work that Michael usually did. The MJ vocals they had have been over processed (as Teddy Riley said on Twitter) and other vocals have been added (by James Porte, who has been already mentioned as providing some backing vocals for this song). The song probably shouldn't be on the album, and should not have been released causing all this controversy and spurring on boycotters. I hear there WILL be PROOF released, eg. work tapes, to show that MJ was indeed working on Breaking News and the other 2 Cascio tracks.

Cathy

I think if people want to buy the album because they enjoy what they've heard so far, then by all means, they should go ahead and buy it! If you don't care for what you've heard or you have ethical feelings about why you can't buy the album, then don't buy it! I haven't made a final decision yet, but I will probably buy the album. Why? I've been a fan of Michael for 30 years, I think it is his voice on the songs, although I did not care much for "Breaking News", I did like "Hold My Hand" and I really enjoyed "Much Too Soon". I'm anxious to hear the rest. Will I like every song? Undoubtedly no. But I don't like EVERY song on most albums. In fact, I remember as a kid, there were even a couple of songs on Thriller that didn't thrill me. So there ya go.

I do think that Michael would want his legacy to live on, and I think it should live on. I hate to see the work come out in a shoddy manner, but I'm not quite sure that's what is happening overall. I think Eddie Casio has good intentions. And yes, of course it's partially about money. Most things in this life are. But in the end, I think the music deserves to live. One thing Teddy Riley said on Oprah really struck me as so true -- Michael on his worst day is/was better than some of "these people" (such as Will.i.am., Chris Brown, Usher, etc.) on their BEST DAYS. Ain't THAT the truth!

If you enjoy the music and it makes you happy, then listen away. IMO, that's what Michael would want. The man was born to entertain, and that's what he did for 40 years. Hopefully he'll keep doing it -- for 40 more and beyond.

Cathy

One more thing I wanted to add: Michael's voice is very, very difficult to fake. In fact, imo, it's impossible to fake. Kipp Lennon "faked" Michael's singing voice on a Simpsons episode in the early 90s (with Michael's enthusiastic approval). Lennon was very good, but you can still tell, when you listen to songs like "Happy Birthday Lisa" that it isn't Michael. There are subtleties in Michael's voice (both speaking and singing) that cannot be duplicated. IMO, it is easier to fake Frank Sinatra or Elvis' voice more convincingly than it is to fake Michael's. Michael had a quality to his voice that was extremely unique. I can hear his voice on all the songs that have been released from the album - even Breaking News. His voice is there imo. My feeling is that songs like Breaking News were too unfinished and required too much vocal "filler" from instrumental and other voices to have been included on the album. JMO.

Bottom line is that there are too many people who've been listening to Michael's voice (both speaking and singing) for too long. Decades. From boy to man and at every stage in between. Yes his voice changed over the years, but you can always hear the signature subtleties (at least I can). When someone tries to fake them, it is obvious. Sony would never be able to pull off an impersonator, nor would they dare try. If there was a song in which Michael's voice did not appear at all, fans would KNOW. I WOULD KNOW.

Paula Silva

God! What a singer! The very definition of one!!!
You are so wrong saying that he's dead...gosh, you miss the point, don't you? As dead as his body may be, this man was born to be immortal!

Andrew

Contemporary, soulful, at times edgy and in your face. Everything we have come to expect from the King of Pop. Well worth the wait and if MJ was still around (R.I.P.) to really promote then album, this would become a contemporary classic.

P.S. to all the haters, it's quite ironic that you still took the time to listen and comment. The King of Pop even fascinates those that clearly don't care for him. The sign of a true gifted artist, genius and Legend!

Anthony

Sounds old. You people that thinks this music is good is brain washed. He was a washed up joke before his death and still is. The people that are getting paid off this garbage will get paid off you fools with no life.

Taelyn

I havbe not heard all of the songs yet.. While I do believe that Michael is present in all the songs, Its obvious that some of the songs are just.. well.. Over done.. And Even if they are Pure MJ he would not have released them this way. Mike had a BEAUTIFUL Vibrato.. But he worked with it and around it, and was able to control it.

The Vibrato on some of these songs is just so strong they sound forced.
So even if they are all100 % Mike (Which I doubt) He would NOT have released them that way. He would have worked on that Vibrato... softened it. Shortened it. It actually makes the lead vocal sound as if he is nervous and shaking.. Its just kinda trange.. And I say this with LOVE because I adore MJ's vibrato.. But I know it is something he worked to control because its something that He and Seth Riggs worked hard on together.

I AM buying the album.. Because no matter What I know some of these songs are pure Mike. Ill be damened if ANY Music released that bears his name ever be a flop.
I wont EVER give Sony the satisfaction of that.
The truth is instead of boycotting new releases we should INSIST with a loud voice that whatever they DO put out.. Be only the BEST.. and at any cost.
Any dis-satisfaction, or disrespect to MJ's work, or his work ethic and perfectionism.. should be layed at the doorstep of SONY.. Let them know.. We WANT more Michael, But we want worthy Videos, and CD's.. They have a lifetime of concert footage if they use their brains and imagination.. and try to (Think like Mike) They could create worthy video's and releases.. And if the song is up to HIS standard.. they should not release it..Leave it to his children to work with and decide what to do in the future.
Mike has plenty of finished unreleased awesome songs.. They should concentrate on those.
Sony has showed that they dont have real true creative experts on the MJ projects..
And We as his fans know that MICHAEL didnt release this, So if their are critics.. That will fall in SONY's lap... Michaels genius is untainted, and unquestionable

Taelyn

"""And if the song is up to HIS standard.. they should not release it."""
Posted at 4:12 AM on Dec 8, 2010 by Taelyn

_______________________________________________________________________

I ofcourse meant to say . ' If the song es NOT up to what would be HIS Standard.. They should not release it, Instead .. Find one of his songs that is finished and work with that, or re-release some of his GREAT songs from "Blood on the Dance floor" and "Invicible" that were ignore by his Label.

hoocheekoo

For those who doubt Michael's voice on this album, listen to these two...2000 Watts and Privacy...which were released in 2001 on his Invincible album. They're not the typical MJ 'sound'.

Part of the problem is that Michael was not listened to in later years and he evolved in his sound anyway. So people don't recognize the sound as Michael's because they've not heard it before. But it's been there all along.

hoocheekoo

It just doesnt matter if it's really mj or not. not to me anyway. i'll buy it cuz i like what i heard. i want and need some new mj memories to share with my children. mj was a huge part up my life. i'm grown with kids of my own and michael has been with me for 30 years now. im not ready to let him go. since his death i've thought of him often. i've been feeling this small void in my heart, a void he used to fill. mj's music made me feel alive. since his passing i've really been feeling the loss. i dont want to feel that way anymore. i want to celebrate an amazingly talented man that has been with me in good times and bad throughout most of my life. so i will buy this album the day it comes out and i will blast it as loud as my stereo will allow and i will remember the happiness and joy that mj has given me. he may not be proud of the final product, but perhaps he'll be smiling down at those of us who are still enjoying his legacy, still happily singing along and still dancing out loud.

Posted at 7:09 PM on Dec 6, 2010 by Ryker
______________________________________________________________

Ryker, you said it all perfectly. This new album fills the hole and brings life to our memories and history with MJ. I've already ordered it and, like you, will blast it as loud as my sound system will allow!

HumanNature

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

invincible187

It's sad to see that some people's attempts to sabotage this album are paying off. I'm surprised to see Michael's own fans boycotting the album based on rumour and speculation about 3 songs on the album. Don't you know any better by now Any true fan will ask themselves - 'where would Michael like an album with his name on it to be number 1, or the bargain bin OR in fact any other chart position than number 1' You know the answer. That alone tells me what to do. I will buy the album for Michael. Boycotters I hope you're happy when the press label the album a flop and headlines state MJ is no longer relevant, or cared about... because you know full well thats what they'd do...they would not mention the boycott.Breaking News did sound strange but that will not put me off buying the album. The truth is likely that this was a pre-demo with no layering, and no work that Michael usually did. The MJ vocals they had have been over processed (as Teddy Riley said on Twitter) and other vocals have been added (by James Porte, who has been already mentioned as providing some backing vocals for this song). The song probably shouldn't be on the album, and should not have been released causing all this controversy and spurring on boycotters. I hear there WILL be PROOF released, eg. work tapes, to show that MJ was indeed working on Breaking News and the other 2 Cascio tracks.

Weezy

What a bunch of fu****g retards! All those who are saying it's not Michael should go to the hospital. The album is 100% Michael Jackson and it's awesome. S**k a d**k you fools!!!

Cathy

Posted at 5:46 AM on Dec 10, 2010 by invincible187
____________________________________________________________

You have to keep in mind that about 3/4 of the people who say they will not buy the album, will in fact, buy it anyway and not admit that they did. That's human nature. ;)

mj fan

the album is great luv it r.i.p michael jackson last of his hits.

miss you mike