Mel Gibson and Baby Lucia -- Church Playdate

12/7/2010 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson spent some quality father-daughter time with his daughter Lucia on Sunday -- the first time we've seen Mel and Lucia together ... outside of court documents.

Mel Gibson and Daughter Pic
The pics were taken at Mel's church in Malibu after services. Mel can be seen doting over his daughter, who seemed to be striking up a friendship with another young child.

The only four-letter word you can say about these pics ... is cute.

KELLY

She looks so happy with her daddy. Never seen her smile with the mother. Keep going Mel you two look good

azlee

in that one picture she is lit up at the other child. I think it is cute when kids are around each other, they can't help migrate to each other.

Frieda

As adorable as these are, it's clear that Mel doesn't know someone snuck pics of him and Lucia! It shows him being the good, hands-on father he is but I would imagine he won't like that Lucia's face is all over the Net.

azlee

. Adults must always try to be as honest as possible to kids. No matter what age they are.

Posted at 7:07 AM on Dec 7, 2010 by Archie
_____________

Absolutely and to remember they watch you very, very closely.

Superman

More propaganda from the Mel crew. Funny how the other people's faces are blurred-out.

middleagedcrazy

@ kickaboo -- I left a link for you yesterday am regarding vicious and violent women. Also enjoyed the article about St. Joseph being the 'forgotten man' -- sometimes we forget the guy who made it all possible and his generosity and love. Why are fathers so vilified? So grateful for the time I had with mine and enjoyed him as a person as well as respecting him. Maybe other cultures (i.e. Russian?) do not like their dads?

Tee hee

don't make me laugh

I think kids should be shielded up to a certain age.Kids don't need the weight of the world on them,they need to be kids.

WhoKnows

Posted at 7:18 AM on Dec 7, 2010 by Frieda
_______________________

We can thank Oinky for that. She could have kept all this quiet and protected her daughter. Instead, she created a curiosity. Idiot.

framed-heart

Posted at 7:21 AM on Dec 7, 2010 by Superman

++++++++++++++++++++++
How is this propaganda? Kids that age can't act. If Lucia looks happy to be with her daddy, that is because she IS happy to be with her daddy.
The other people have been blurred out by TMZ because they are not relevant the story.

Archie

Posted at 7:07 AM on Dec 7, 2010 by Archie
_____________

Absolutely and to remember they watch you very, very closely.

Posted at 7:19 AM on Dec 7, 2010 by azlee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i know. I can see them.

Frieda

@Superman TMZ and other *respectable* celebrity news agencies always blurs out faces on non-celebrities. You're not very knowledgeable, are you?

tmzreader

I hope it's understood that I don't mean I want endless pictures taken of Mel Gibson and his beautiful daughter and certainly wouldn't advocate invading privacy like paparazzi do. I was only commenting on the idea that this is who the public needs to see. I'm tired of seeing that other THING all over the internet. These pictures go far in leveling that particular playing field. Funny, huh? 10 million of that other thing; 1 picture of Mel and child and, in my mind, the field is leveled. HAHAHAHAHA And the obvious fact that he was unaware of it shows me everything I would've wanted to be seen; a genuine father genuinely caring for his child. If that's an invasion of privacy, then God Bless the photographer. I see good intentions in it. Or maybe that's just my own eyes. Who knows, the photog may have had nothing more than money in his mind. Don't care, though. A picture's worth a thousand words. And that's all I was saying, albeit not too clearly.

don't make me laugh

You're scaring me me Archie.Who do you see?

Genna

genna I wasn't even going to comment on that because it made them look so stupidddddddddd, I thought it just said all by itself as a reflection. lol

Posted at 6:53 AM on Dec 7, 2010 by azlee

-----------------------------------------

Lol. I wasn't going to either at first. But then I thought...why not explain as if I am addressing an 6-year old.

tara

Yeah Well this all makes sense because Mel Gibson has been BUSTED: Here on Canada's version of TMZ: