Howard Stern Ignites Sirius Subscription Mega-Surge

12/9/2010 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Howard Stern single-handedly boosted Sirius Satellite Radio sales "through the roof" this morning -- TMZ has learned the company was hit with a tidal wave of phone calls immediately following Stern's big announcement.

1209_howard_stern_EX_TMZ

Minutes after Stern revealed his plans to stick with Sirius for another 5 years -- customer service reps tell us they were overwhelmed by calls from listeners who wanted to sign up for new accounts.

But get this -- we're told "hundreds" of callers were also interested in "re-activating" accounts that had been placed on hold due to the uncertainty of Stern's return.

All hail the king.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

LAWRENCE

The supposed "King" was sent packing in Chicago when he was on free radio as nobody really cares for his tired act outside New York.

Michael

I am outside of NYC and listen. But I was waiting to renew as I was waiting to see what he did.

I will rrenew.

BUT, I am pissed he is on vacation way too much!!

soulofanangel

Good, now I have the perfect reason NOT to get Sirius radio and that one perfect reason is....Howard Stern.

JWebb

I'd rather spend 5 years looking at this picture of Katy Perry in a LATEX LEOTARD! http://tinyurl.com/26csedh

shannon

its the only channel I refuse to listen to

dawnmarie

Wow what haters #1 & 3 r. Once again, people who have NEVER listened to his show.
Remember, laughter is the best medicine!!

Bubbles The Chimp

People pay to listen to this guy?

R

As the saying goes, he has the perfect face for radio.

steve

JUST ANOTHER PR STUNT BEFORE HE SIGNS A NEW CONTRACT HAPPENS EVERY TIME .

Jonny B Good

They must all be sick. He is such a crap head. I have satelite and have never been tuned to his channel, not once, ever!!!

Shaydie

I can't stand him. He has no class. I remember watching the footage of Princess Diana's death. I think I was watching MSNBC. Somebody English called in and was talking to the anchor very somberly and then after a few minutes said Diana and Dodi were on their way to rent Private Parts. Then the anchor apologized and hung up on the caller. So tacky and annoying.

Vince Robles

Howard is a genius. He always surprises me of what he'll say next. Long live Howard Stern

Jaime

If you've never listened to his stations once...why do you bother wasting your time posting on TMZ about him? Lame.

He's incredible, a genius, and if you actually did chose to listen to the show for even 1 hour you'd realize what a genuine, smart, and great man he really is. Just buying into what is out in the tabloids or what other news people chose to say about him is ignorant. Why not just believe everything you read in Star magazine while you're at it.

Theres a reason he's been on for 30 years, theres a reason why he's so influential in anything he chooses to discuss, just too bad you don't give any of that a chance. Just a bunch of prudes.

No comment

I don't like anyone enough to pay to listen to them on the radio. I'd cancel Direct TV except I'd miss sports programming, MLB and the NFL.

kpluck

Pure PR BS. I can't believe the way TMZ is reporting this.

Look it makes no sense, they have month to month plans. There is really not any reason to not be subscribed now if you like Stern. Does anyone really believe there are people out there that were big Stern fans but didn't subscribe to Sirius because they didn't know what his 5 year plan was?

I say again, complete and utter PR BS spin.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments