« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Star In Possible UFO Encounter -- Caught on Tape

12/10/2010 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

San Antonio Spurs star Manu Ginobili wants answers -- because dude spotted an unidentified flying object in L.A. earlier this month ... and he's desperately trying to figure out what the hell it was.

Manu Ginobili UFO
Manu eyeballed the UFO when he was in town to play the Clippers on December 1 -- and he has since launched a serious investigation into the matter ... which involved a lot of Googling.

Manu posted his findings on his Facebook page yesterday, saying the best answer he could come up with was "a kind of spacecraft which is called X-37B and was supposed to land in the area between December 3 and 6. According to various media, it landed on Dec 3."

Manu points out that he spotted the craft on December 1 ... not December 3 ... so THE MYSTERY REMAINS.

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Name:

According to EON8 it was most likely ball lightning.

katie

I bet you TMZ $500 it is a skydiver!

cc

hurl, these crafts are manned by either demons or Holy Angels.

You're very right in saying that the dark side wants the masses to believe in aliens so that the soon coming rapture can be blamed on them.

The Holy Angels are doing survelliance work to prepare for Armageddon - when Christ returns to establish His righteous Kingdom.

Most will not believe because their hearts are hardened but a few will, like in the days of Noah.

not scully

it was parachuters over the beach with flares, saw it from the pier

Peter Pedro

I say we should change the name "meteorite" to "UFO", that way most of the people in the world will be correct when identifying them.

OMG Geminids meteor shower just happened! What a big coincidence!!!

Or not.

magooDe

Don't like question to vote on. Not all UFO's are thought to be Alien encounters.

sarah-iz

I believe in aliens, I believe in UFOs, but every single picture I've seen just strikes me as fake, and it's sad how many people try to get away with this. It makes a mockery of paranormal studies, and I really don't appreciate it.

J.E.B.

You want to see a UFO? Visit Trout Lake, Washington next summer, and watch the sky some night. This place was featured on A&E tv's "Paranormal State". There is something strange happening here ALL THE TIME!

Snoogs

Mystery Solved, people:

A video of the U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute team.

Not only is the visual effect *identical* to the one in the other video, but the Golden Knights were actually doing a demo in the same area on the same evening.

You're welcome.

@RedBull/AirForce

Los Angeles news stations (and Hollywood gossip blogs) reported 2 UFO sightings: http://j.mp/fQX0lD - Meanwhile, the Red Bull Air Force reported 2 successful night jumps in Santa Monica. Coincidence? You decide. VIDEO: http://win.gs/hKYEEx

saucersource

It might be one of those Tesla Electric Flying Machines we hear so much about.

iili

Hi all,

I apologies first of all if for what I am about to write is on the wrong address. Today is Wednesday, time 02:25 Cyprus time. I am a person who believes mostly only if there is real proof. To be honest what happen to me on this specific night has shock me. I have a pair of porro fernglas 10x50 and I sought to look at the clear sky for a good view on the stars since I just bought them. But as I was watching the sky I saw a very small light traveling for about 5-8 mins until it just vanished suddenly up to the dark space. I thought it was a plane at first, military kind , it was really fast , but the light was at the same size as the stars light, so am confused. Is it a military aircraft or is it smt else, I really want to hear if anybody else thinks it might be "not ours"? Am kinda freaked out. Please help , explain for me so I can sleep normally at nights!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4