Miley Cyrus

Bong Video

Partying with a Bong

12/12/2010 9:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus celebrated her 18th birthday by experimenting with a bong and catching a case of the giggles -- but sources say she was not smoking marijuana.

The video was shot during a party at Miley's L.A. area home 5 days after her 18th birthday.

According to a source connected with Miley ... the smoke filling the bong is a natural herb called salvia which has psychedelic qualities. Possession of salvia is legal in California.

As for the video ... the source tells us it was shot by one of Miley's friends --  and the theory is someone stole or copied the video from that friend's camera.

Truth

YEA, SHE'S DEF. ON SALVIA. EVEN WIKI SAYS EFFECTS OF SALVIA INCLUDE UNCONTROLLABLE LAUGHTER, HALLUCINATIONS, AND FEELING OF BEING AT SEVERAL LOCATIONS AT ONCE.

Truth Hurts

I tried Salvia like 2 times, the second time I did it I tripped so bad I didn't even realize that I just took a hit of the stuff, it's not like mushrooms or acid where you realize why you're tripping. I completely forgot taking a hit and my world was freaking crazy. Pot is 1000 times safer. I flushed the rest down the toilet after that.

sk

mile if you are reading.. your friends are selling you out. they took the vdo and pressed you for whats on your mind. be careful of these people who give you drugs and vdo tape you after. don't forget anna nicole smith's case.

barbara

This my be legal in California but many kids look up to her as a role model? Looks like she's on the fast track to let's say... following in Lyndsay Lohen footsteps? She must be making her parent REALLY proud!

Sammie

Kinda started with the lap dance when she was 16 that her dad had no problem with. You have to be a parent.

Ah well...after her next few years, there will just be another one. Let's hope Miley can keep from killing somebody.

Oh no!

Looks like salvia. By the way, salvia may be legal, but so is huffing gasoline. It is the most hallucenogenic drug known. She most have been smoking low-grade salvia otherwise she would have been on the floor thinking she was made of swiss cheeze.

Truth Hurts

Hey Lucy why do you let your granddaughter look at TMZ.com, not great grandmothering. She's a character on TV, you are stupid if you don't understand that just about every famous person puts on a phony facade for the public. Your granddaughter shouldn't be looking at people on TV as role models, the fact that you allow her to idolize celebrities just proves that something is wrong and that the parents and grandparents(you) are to blame.

KicksandGiggles

Its about time pot got a fancier name. A little Lindsey In Training.

moe

Stupid hick. It's pot. She can't use the "Clinton" excuse to explain this one ;)

yvette

No one is safe. How sad is that....That is SO embarrassing.. I would **** twice and die.

Jackie

It may be legal, but Salvia is worse than Pot. Go look it up on youtube. People hallucinate and think they are talking to the devil, or they just flip out and go out of control. Her PR is going to regret this one.

Lovely Rita

Well I smoked pot as a teen and I turned out all right but I never ended up on video on the internet. She should check who her "friends" are for sure. On a side note, she should also worry about what impact her behavior will have on her career. Contracts can be cancelled for many reasons.

Sharon

Yeah whatever! She bashes people who smoke cigarettes but yet it's ok for her to smoke mind altering salvia. Hyprocryte! Mommy and Daddy ahould be parents and rein her in before she goes for more hard core drugs. Parenting doesn't stop just because your child is 18.Good Role model for her little sister and brother!NOT! Miley if one wants to be treated like an adult one needs to act like an adult and make responsible decisions. I will no longer let my kids watch anything Miley or buy her music for my kids! That is not the example I want to set forth for them. I am disgusted not only with Miley but with her so called Parents!

justagirl

There are a few different arguments that could be had on each side of the aisle here....she's 18, experimentation age has begun, she's allowed to relax with friends,be a teenager and do whatever she wants in the privacy of her own space...the flip side, as a celebrity that continues to represent Disney which has a huge following of minors, (including two of my children) she has a responsibilty of acting appropriate. If she no longer wants that responsibilty, she needs to graciously exit her relationship with Disney. While she is allowed to grow up and act anyway she wants, it's a bit disturbing to see her acting like this and it's something I would not want my children to see as the do look up to her. I am sure she is not proud of this video being exposed to the public, and unfortunately, no media outlet is going to take the higher road for the sake of children who love her and do not wish to see this side of her. It's too much of a ratings grabber. It may come down to a parental decision of axing Hannah/Miley from their household because her actions are no longer age appropriate for her younger audience. I guess in the end, Miley is growing up, and parents need to direct their children on to another household celebrity who better represents their age level. Let's just hope the experimentation remains mild and does not escalate into a danger zone as it has for so many other celebrities.

Rae

Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's safe. When she's 21 alcohol will be legal, and it kills thousands every year. Salvia is first. Next will be pot, then meth and crack. She's Lindsay version 2. Look at her role model - her mother. Nice.