« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dr. J's Baller House -- On the Brink of Foreclosure

12/15/2010 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

NBA legend Julius Erving is about to lose his 6,700 sq. ft. house in Utah ... because it's about to go into foreclosure.

1214_dr_j_house_Getty
The house -- which the former basketball star has been trying to sell for over a year -- went into pre-foreclosure last month ... after Dr. J defaulted on his loan.

Erving tells TMZ, the house is "substantially underwater" -- meaning he owes more than it's worth.

The house -- located in St. George, Utah -- is worth $2.23 million, according to Foreclosures.com.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TMZ dont like me

I always knew Dr. J's pockets weren't fat like Magic's or Jordan's, after he retired but daaaaaaaamnnnnnn.....What the hell has he been doing with all his dough? I know he had to pay child support to his white baby momma for Alexandra Stephenson, but what happened to the rest of it??

michaela

It's not 'about to go into foreclosure'.

It's already in foreclosure. It's about to be foreclosed upon

jballz

I've been looking for a nice big house in Utah where I could settle down with my wives.

Annie

Dr. J rocks! I hope he finds a way out of the financial crisis we are all facing at this time. We miss you in Philly!!!

martell

not a big deal...this is only 1 of his houses...2 mil is still a joke to the doc

dd

@5 BEK I have to agree BOO HOO that's what old men get when u divorce u'r wife and wed a girl that looks like she could be the granddaughter.

dd

@21 ARE U KIDDING ME! How about stop hanging in Vegas all the time..and stop wedding women that u are to old for..He's owed nothing, I bet he has a gambling problem because he is here on a constant basis (VEGAS).

dd

@17 Gloria he is a college graduate!

namers

You don't know how long he's owned it so STFU!

Flove Dr. J!

SSinOC

It's you or the banks. All those fraud loans they made and then repackaged and sold off to foreign investors are now having to be bought back with taxpayer money. The foreign investors are threatening to sue if they don't get their money back. That's why the Fed claims they don't know where $9B of YOUR tax money went.

MP

Why do some celebrities have so many money issues? Why can't they save their money like responsible people?

ImJustSaying..

You people can't believe that this man made the same salary as today's athletes?

Sharon

Under the Obama plan his mortgage payments can be reduced to 31% of his take home payments since he is retired. Sharon http://www.kenhudnall.com ghost stories & paranormal

Kathy

If he is trying to get a loan modification the bank tells hime to go behind on his payments or they wont help him. His home has lost half its value, if it is only a vacation home let it go.

jim mcguinness

I am sorry for the problems he is experiencing. Thanks for all the terrific memories. I watched him play while he was with the Sixers, and he was the player young kids wanted to be when they grew up. He brought "class" to the basketball arena. Good luck to Dr. J.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments