Miley Cyrus:

I Was Just Having Fun

12/15/2010 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus is telling her friends ... the bong video published by TMZ is no big deal.

Miley Cyrus Bong Video
Miley, who has taken a lot of heat since TMZ posted the story that she was smoking salvia, has been saying, she's just young and having fun ... this, according to friends in direct contact with her.

Miley acknowledged she's seen the TMZ story and also knew it was going to eventually surface.  As TMZ first reported, Miley's camp was trying to bury the incident by scooping up copies of the video.

One friend put it this way:  "Miley doesn't care. She's filming her movie and getting on with her life."

sp

"How many have not smoked a little?"

^^
Despite populate belief, there are people who don't smoke (drugs or cigarettes) and people who haven't experienced with things like that. I haven't and I know many others who haven't. Just wanted to say that

Ray

Unlike Pot, Salvia actually causes brain damage. Not smart.

chris

@113, and you and all your friends attend the same Mormon church, right?

chris

@114-Ray, you are wrong. There have been no scientific studies that showed salvia to cause brain damage. In fact, all the studies show that there are no short-term bad effects at all from smoking salvia, and it's too soon to know about any long-term effects. If my grandkids asked for my advice, I'd tell them it's too early to know for sure but I certainly would not support all these right wing idiots who want to pass laws to put kids in jail for using it. Smoking salvia, in my opinion, is not a good idea, but it's legal and I'd defend any adult's right to use it if that's their choice, including Miley Cyrus. Wanting to put people in jail for using it, however, that's a real crime and only severely sick-headed immoral people would go for that.

Carvey

Miley, Miley, Miley... kids and tweens know you're a bad example, teens think you're that dork Hannah Montana and that just ain't cool, and adults think you're a spoiled brat with no sense, no manners and an improper upbringing. You're 14 minutes in to your 15 minutes. Go back to school and make yourself a productive member of society. We don't need yet another Lindsay Lohan.

fastdriver

That's what Lindsay, Brittany and Paris all said too!

Jennifer

So sick of this girl not giving a crap about her image or how she is seen by the public. She is wealthy and famous ONLY, and I mean ONLY, because she had a popular show the appealed to young kids. It is so disappointing that she is behaving this way, considering how she became famous in the first place. I know we all did stupid things when we were young, and Miley has the right to screw up, too - she's not perfect. What is the most disappointing, about the actual smoking, is her attitude about it all. Shake it off like no big deal, don't show any remorse or humility. You can't get through life like that, sweetie. Eventually you have to answer for your mistakes...

onthedot

Fortune teller says, "Two Words": Britney Spears.

Massey

This is an unsolicited advice for Miley. We love u Miley. We dont want u to follow the footsteps of Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears. You should learn from them. Do u want to be like them? I'm sure u dont. You are such a sweet girl and we dont want to hear u breaking down in the future.

jeans clothing

I’m still learning from you, as I’m making my way to the top as well. I definitely enjoyI’m still learning from you, as I’m making my way to the top as well. I definitely enjoy

reading all that is posted on your website.Keep the tips coming. I liked it!

reading all that is posted on your website.Keep the tips coming. I liked it!

Russ

Well she was just having fun. I suppose when you have that much success at a young age the normal things that are fun just are not there. That is sad. You start to think getting high on this or that is the only fun. First smoking of any thing is not good or fun. What it does to a persons lungs is sure not fun.

Heather

This just makes me like her that much more! This is hilarious, I would love to hang out with her! Keep your head up Miley!!! As for the bitch recording this she seems like she is trying to set her up.....

JaneDaves

First the lap dance, now the bong. Is she the next Lindsey Lohan? I sure hope not, but the signs seem to be there. Very sad!

M

of course she does not care..she supports the family so she can do whatever she wants.

WHOCARES

WHO REALLY CARES> GET A LIFE. ITS SALIVIA. OUR BRAINS RUN ON DRUGS, LOOK AT ALL THAT CHEMISTRY!

DMT IS IN YOU, get over it. I hope she smoked pot and takes mushrooms. Maybe then she'll realize how much her shows sucked XD