'Dexter' Star

Files for Divorce from

Michael C. Hall

12/16/2010 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Jennifer Carpenter just filed her petition for divorce this afternoon from her "Dexter" co-star Michael C. Hall ... but it turns out they've been separated for a long time.

1216_hall_carpenter_divorce_launch_EX

According to the document, the date of separation is listed as August 9, 2010

Carpenter cites "irreconcilable differences" in the petition filed in L.A. County Superior Court.

Carpenter is also asking for spousal support and for attorney's fees.

The couple, who married in 2008, have no children.

Julia Stiles -- who guest starred on "Dexter" this season and is rumored to have gotten "close" to Hall  -- just issued a statement saying they're just "good friends" and she's not the cause of the breakup.

Jennifer Carpenter

Bippy

Maybe he cut her up into little pieces!

Birdsht

Ding dong the witch is dead. Good for Michael. He gets to live with what he deserves. Anything that isn't her. Woman transplanted into a 16 year old lankey boys body does not make a good wife when your loaded.

urbusted

LOL...those pictures....

DDR

Greedy bitch. She works on the same show as him and she wants spousal support? I hope Dexter gets her ass fired, the money hungry whore!

northern gypsy

here we go ... let the spin begin !!!
not sure if it true ...or what...
give it time...the truth will slowly start leaking out !!!

urbusted

I don't have anything against Jennifer Carpenter, but I don't think she deserves spousal support either...after only 2 years? And it's not like she isn't making her own money.

And really, I hear a lot of people putting her down, we really know nothing about her, him, or the marriage, so unless you were the a fly on the wall........

Cartman

Her asking for spousal support tells me she caught Michael cheating and is gonna make him pay.

dd

Spousal support for what reason? Co-stars on a popular show, no kids, take care of u'r self!

shannon

Wow, what a gold digging ****! She expects spousal support after only being married for like 10 seconds. I guess her plan to marry him to further her career back fired. Once Dexter ends she'll fall of the face of the earth. Michael, go find someone who deserves you and preferably someone that isn't so ugly she breaks mirrors by looking at them.

Bob Loblaw

You should she ****s without a condom.

dd

TMZ please stop the idiot from advertising his own blog..it's irritating!

dede

she's asking for spousal support & for him pay her lawyer bill even though they both happen to be on the same popular tv show?....bitch pay your damn bills they were only married for 2 damn years & they don't have kids!!

bob

I love both of these actors but working together and being married would be too much for most ppl. I agree with the poster who said she caught him cheating and that's why she's asking for spousal support. Makes sense, and he should have to pay for it, I'd say the same if the roles were reversed. Sucks for them, and me cause I thought they were so cute!

jonec1200

I'm gonna guess Kate Mara had something to do with this

Jill

Good ridance. His wife looks like a plastic surgery "don't" freak.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments