Ne-Yo:

MJ Album a Travesty

12/20/2010 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ne-Yo is staging a one-man boycott of the new Michael Jackson album -- telling us he doesn't want to listen to it because he doesn't think MJ would have EVER wanted it to be released.
122010_nee_yo_v2_still

The singer/songwriter/producer was in NY this weekend -- where he explained MJ was such a perfectionist, "If Michael was still alive ... I don't think the album would be out yet."

He added, "I'm gonna stick to my old Mike."

iamsuperdan

Finally! A black performaer that doesn't swing from the MJ *******!

MJ had talent, but not everything he did was magical. I have no idea who this Ne-Yo guy is, but my opinion of him just went up.

an

Ne-yo and Will.i.am, can you two pay the debt that MJ left behind?.... I LOVE THE NEW MICHAEL ALBUM

Roz

Agree with DURELLE. At this point Michael is focusing on something more important than this....to speculate what he would or would not have wanted is pointless. As a fan, I want to hear what Michael left behind finished or not with the full understanding that he did not participate in the final touches. Just to hear his voice and his emotion and love is all I want.

Cookie

Yay for Neyo! I too am sticking to my classic Michael Jackson (pre-June 25, 2009). Anything after that is not his own work and is rubbish.

steff

Dear Harvey Levin and TMZ,

I like you and you know that.
What I want to say you is that me too I like our old Mike but I like also our new Mike,hihihihihihihi

Stefka
L.O.V.E.

Alice(from Romania)

an

i think michael like the idea of releasing all his songs to make sure his kids secure life in the future no more debt to worry about.

ne-yo and will.i.am just shup up, we the fans always here to support MJ.

fati

NE YO is just jealous it is not him in the album. he's been trying to make MJ's brothers sing his songs he allegely wrote for MJ. Now he found this a travesty? come on, if it was his songs in the album, he won't call it that. I bought the album, and it is very good. those who made it, worked with MJ for many years. they are qualify to make the album and the benefits are going to his kids. Will-I-am and Ne yo are just wannabes trying to make name for themselves. They don't know Michael.

steff

Dear Harvey and TMZ staff,

I really love you so much and I thank you so much for this information.
I like your games,not only this one...

L.O.V.E.
Stefka

fati

I LIKE THE NEW ALBUM. ALL THAT MATTERS IS HIS VOICE. GOOD JOB TO THOSE WHO MADE IT HAPPEN. THEY JUST JEALOUS THAT THE POSTHUMOUS ALBUM WILL BEAT THEIRS. THEY DON'T KNOW MJ AND IT IS TIME THEY SHUT THEIR MOUTHS FOR GOOD. THEY ARE TRYING TO SABOTAGE HIS LEGACY. THEY ARE THE TRAVESTIES PRETENDING TO LOVE MJ. SHAME ON YOU. GREAT ALBUM MICHAEL!!!!!

lholland

I think the album is great. I love it! He is not here and I don't think he would be devastated over this. It's Michael Jackson music and people still want to hear him. Leave it alone and let his music continue to heal the world! Love MJ! Peace!

ralu

Ne-Yo knows NOTHING... the album IS GREAT... Better than any album he ever released, sorry for u Ne-Yo darling
Anything touched by Michael Jackson is GOLD

Unknown

I know everyone is different but there is NOTHING to celebrate about this record. It's a product of greed, manipulation, corruption and selfishness, and it's basically just the continuation of the bull**** that was This Is It. Michael is DEAD, that is the ONLY reason this album exists. How can it be something to celebrate? HE is not here anymore so HE did not release this album. This is a Sony album, not a Michael Jackson one, and more than that, it's a slap in the face and an insult both to everything he stood for, as well as to those of us that see this for what it really is.

ichael's legacy does not stand and fall with this album; nor will it stand and fall with any future Sony releases. His legacy was created (and secured) BY HIM, decades ago. DECADES. His songs are timeless, he's Michael Jackson for God's sake. His philanthropy, his human rights work, his donations...they're all there, and they are set in stone. Any posthumous releases of any of "his" works (*cough*JasonMalachi*coughs*) will not change that. In any direction.

He shared his talent with us for forty years. It is naïve, and, to be honest, disrespectful to everything he achieved and gave us during those four decades to think that all of it would just disappear because we don't keep buying whatever is put out there and that has his name on it. HE did not release this album, so refraining from buying it will not hurt HIM.

I may come across as arrogant or as if I am telling people what to think and feel. This is not my intention, but to be honest, this isn't even a matter of "maybe" to me. We don't have to guess how he's feel about Sony getting the hands on these recordings because HE TOLD US! In case anyone forgot:

I honestly don't understand how people seem to forget the above so easily. Michael was clear BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT how he felt about Sony, yet people are queueing up like lemmings outside the stores to get this album. Why would anyone want to do that when he told us so clearly how he felt?

The general public not knowing - or caring - about the Sony feud is one thing, but the fans? We were supposed to stand by him. He was supposed to be able to trust us.

I'm completely amazed by how so many of the people that I managed to sort of 'open up the eyes of' (regarding TINI and everything around what possibly happened in Michel's last time alive that is so suspicious and contradictive) are now running to the store to get the album, the DVD boxset, AND the game. Hello?? Have people not been listening?! This is exactly the same! This album is a continuation to all the vile, grotesque, corrupt bull**** that "This is it" was about, how can people not see that?? We would never have had this album if Michael was still alive, and he would never, EVER have let them near his art again. He TOLD us that!

This record is a bribe. It was released to keep the general public happy so that they can listen to 'new' songs from Michael Jackson the superstar, while they continue covering up the murder of Michael Jackson the man. In the meantime, his family and friends are still struggling every single day to come to terms with the void that was left in their lives the day he was taken from them. They have to sit there, time after time after time, in the same room as one of the men that murdered their brother, son, friend, or mentor, and they have to wake up to a world without someone whose energy was so vibrant you could feel it physically, but that is now gone. Gone, only to leave a deafening silence in a world that was once filled with his laughter and his tears. So forgive me if I'm having a little bit of a hard time finding a reason to celebrate.

Whatever Sony decides to release in his name in the future will have nothing to do with Michael's legacy, and everything to do with money. Lie for it, spy for it, kill for it...die for it.

He died for it. When will we stop making it worth it for the people that took his life?

ohreally

only song that has potential is the behind the mask song..

i know for af act that mj would never release them other songs

mj fan forever

Another jealous!!!! And neither Ne-Yo neither anyone else knows what Michael Jackson would have really wanted or not wanted, but surely, he would have wanted his legacy lives on!!! Now, then, oddly, all are his "loyal friends".... This album is wonderful just because is Michael Jackson to sing and the sales show it!!!!!!!