Rohan Marley:

I Got Maced

and Chokeholded!

12/20/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rohan Marley, one of Bob Marley's many children, was maced and put in a headlock by an off-duty cop working at Voyeur on Saturday night -- and Rohan tells TMZ he plans on pressing charges.
121910_rohan_marley_v2_still

Our photog only caught a couple of seconds of what went down (literally, you'll probably have to replay a few times). But a source tells us Marley -- who baby daddied five kids with Lauryn Hill -- mistook someone outside the club as a valet, and that person took offense.

We're told Marley and the guy traded words and eventually fought. Sources say an off-duty cop who works at the club maced all involved - eventually putting Marley in the chokehold.

Marley tells TMZ he was simply defending himself and feels the off-duty cop "went overboard." He says he'll look into pressing charges because he "can't just let this go."

sloppy seconds

yeah right, send this animal to jail!

angelo

Oscar Grant is dead! How is this compared?

mike

So I guess he is Marleys son he is allowed to fight if he wants to????? Give me a break. Good choke hold.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

it will give him material to write pot songs like his dad did..
yeahhh mon..smoke der smoke

Sally

Off duty cops are not allowed to work at bars and night clubs. So he is there against the police department. Also most security companies are not insured to work at bars and nightclubs either so there are issues with liability.

Christopher Duran

Off Duty or not. I thought Choke Holds were removed from Police Procedures entirely due to the many deaths involved from this hold. L.A.P.D. removed it from the handbook several years ago. Which agency did this idiot work for

Truth

#11 ^^^^^

EXACTLY... THAT'S USUALLY HOW THIS SHIET STARTS!! PEOPLE WANT TO **** MEASURE THEIR ****S RATHER THAN WALKING AWAY. LACK OF EDUCATION OF THE LAST 20YRS AND REALITY SERIES LIKE JERSEY SHORE PROMOTE THIS CRAP. BET THE OTHER DUDE WAS BLACK TOO.

Fan

Whirrrrrrrrrr... What is that sound? It is Bob Marley spinning in his grave.

Bob Marley is muttering: "My son can't park his own damn car? My son goes to that damn empty-head loser club Voyeur? No, that ain't no son of mine. That is a spoiled little trust fund brat."

Jay

As for #11 & 12, I saw you both there so you should know better than even the victim. Amazing!

Fan

Bob Marley says: "Now my son is a whining bitch wantin' to sue someone? Who is he, Perez Hilton?"

Len

What the hell is with TMZ and they're classless reporting? Why not just put **** pictures on peoples pictures like Perez Hilton?

I'm sure if it was a white guy (which I am) you wouldn't use the term "babby daddied". That's just passive aggressive racism. Don't try and hide your feelings, be like the people who comment here and be openly racist.

Sin D

Looks like a case of Barney Fife...take his bullet away and sue this Keystone Cop....

robg

Didn't someone(witnessed here on TMZ) kill some L.A. club bouncer after he followed a patron out to the street and tried to "get tough" with 'em?

KILL ALL COPS...!!!!

Ozzie X

Macing people without knowing the full extent of the altercation is excessive. I can understand macing someone for being combative towards others or the staff.

Fan

Bob Marley says: "I watched it all from heaven. You didn't get maced! You were cryin' like a baby; that's why you were rubbin' your eyes. And what's with that fat Krispy-Kreme-Big-Mac-whiskey-gut of yours? Damn it, Rohan, learn to play the bass guitar, get a job on a cruise ship, and sing my songs on the pool deck all day, every day. That is your destiny."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments