'Spider-Man' Fall Caught on Video -- Actor Injured!

12/21/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Spider-Man was rushed to the hospital last night after a stunt went horribly wrong.

A 31-year-old male was taken from Broadway's Foxwoods Theater to Bellevue Hospital on Monday night after the "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" performer accidentally fell into the pit in front of a preview audience.

Another performer in the musical identified the injured man as Christopher Tierney, the show's main aerialist who does stunts for the role of Spider-Man.

The accident happened with only seven minutes left in the show. An audience member with a cell phone shot the mishap as it happened -- the video shows Spidey's cable snapping before plummeting into the pit.

Spiderman Falls Down Video

A rep for the show tells MyFoxNY: "An actor sustained an injury at tonight's performance of Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark. He fell several feet from a platform approximately seven minutes before the end of the performance, and the show was stopped. All signs were good as he was taken to the hospital for observation. We will have more news shortly."

The actor reportedly gave a thumbs up to the crowd as he was being loaded into the ambulance.

UPDATE: We're told tomorrow's matenee has been canceled -- and the "OSHA, Actors Equity, and NY State Dept. of Labor have met with the Spider-Man company today to discuss addition safety protocols."

iWiN

too bad for him... it isnt the 1st time thats happened for this show, so it shudve either been expected or prevented... ha!!!

big al

yikes! this show has been plagued with problems & if they aren't more careful they are gonna get someone killed.

ballsflorida

BEE DANCE WAGGLE dance...cruke Sals use the paddy waggoons?nexttime? snook IE is that U^^^ on a bike or was spido she is greta

Yidmash

BEE DANCE ake WAGGLE DANCE the bee`s should have been consulted before this stunt failed they could have gave better angles and the web would`nt have broke CRUKE snookie on a bike says sal.

ABB

I bet his spidey senses were tingling after that!

James

Look at this!

Quinn

They really should close this show down with all of the accidents. I went to see it on Saturday & it was great & the kids loved it, however I sat in fear the entire show. I was just waiting for a cable to come down and shoot my eye out! Like I said, great show, too bad it's cursed!

Eleni

I saw this play on friday night. I'm glad there were no accidents then. It really is an amazing... play I recommend everyone go see it. I hope he's ok he was the main spiderman in uniform. Gorg body and good actor :~)

dee

wishing this actor only the best!

Jon

That's horrible.
That poor guy really must have been hurt.

Laughing Riot

"a few feet" my a$$: it was more like close to 30 feet!

CarolynAB

Wow, I heard that SPLAT.
I wish this young actor well.

And I reckon the world's most expensive theatre show just got even more expensive. Lawsuit, workmen's comp, you name it, pain and suffering...

iWiN

WHAT THE HECK ARE #3 AND #5 SAYING?!?!?! IS THAT SPAM?! OR AM I READING IT WRONG?!?!

john johnson

END IT! the producer has a whole lot of pride and it will eventually cost someone their lives out there.

NickSunset

Superman's Weakness = "Crytonite", Aquaman's Weakness = "Heat", Spiderman's Weakness = "Bad Playwright".

Just doesn't fair.