ASU Democrats -- We Can Stomach Bristol Palin

12/26/2010 11:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There is one issue Democrats and Republicans can agree on ... mama bear Bristol Palin needs an education.

1226_Bristol_Palin_TMZ_EX

Andres Cano, VP of the Downtown Young Democrats at Arizona State University -- where it seems Bristol will be attending school next year -- tells TMZ they will welcome her "with open arms" ... because "getting a college degree is a non-partisan issue."

The prez of the Downtown College Republicans -- Zachary Ziebarth -- also says they'd love to have her at the school ... but not EVERYONE feels that way ... ZZ says "Facebook has already been going crazy with status updates of excitement, mixed feelings and non-acceptance."

Ziebarth adds, "The adversity that she may face is nothing that she can't handle."

As long as she doesn't quit halfway through her first term.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

San

OMG...look at her chins! maybe if her mother would listen to Michelle Obama instead of feeding Bristol smores then she wouldnt be walking around looking a hot mess.

Mrs. Gossip

Jesus. She should study how to lose that giant chin, and the flabby arms. Below average, chunky,skank.

Sally

My my TMZ, you sure have a lot liberals posting comments because they do not like the Palins. Guess they are a threat of some kind!! Or could it be that the truth hurts! We The People shall survive the liberal wackos.

Vernon P. Alarcon

Young lazy girls from cold Alaska come with extra flubber - thus the extra chins.

Todd-Track-Trig-Tripp-Truck-Trump-Twig-Tween-Toon-Twillow-Tripe

John 8:32

Yes! Yes! Yes! I can see the posters now... imagine a billboard that says "Sarah Palin 2012" the best thing to EVER happen to the Democratic Party!!!

~God Bless America !!!

-John 8:32

Funky Juan

I don't care if Bristol Palin bought a house in Maricopa or is planning on enrolling at ASU. Of course she wouldn't make the cut at UofA. Go cats! But she will have to accept something, she will immediately be the ugliest girl on the ASU campus. Plus, that is a considerable commute from Maricopa to Tempe. Nice house she got on the cheap. But really, why does anyone care? She's just another girl who had an illegitimate child as a teenager. Didn't her mom say she was going to marry the father when she was campaigning? I guess we should believe anything out of her mouth. I actually kind of pity Bristol because with Sarah Palin as your mom, you would have to come out screwed up.

nicemom43

Democrats...you are showing fear again. What is it about Sarah and Briston Palin that has you so afraid...its pretty obvious there is something!

CopaChick

My, my, my... why so much hate on here? I'm a Maricopa resident - I'm also a Democrat - and I welcome Bristol to our city. The comments about her being overweight are ridiculously exaggerated and downright mean. She is an attractive 20 year-old girl, who has had the misfortune of having a spotlight shining on her during an age at which many people make questionable choices and some mistakes. I'm sure glad that I did not have such attention during my late teens and 20s. I can only imagine the comments...

I hope that her house has extra insulation. The electric bills are insane out here in summer; our house is 1926 sf and our highest bill is around $425 (we do have extra insulation). The water bill will also be a nasty surprise - utilities are private out here, and the costs are brutal.

Someone wrote earlier that he/she lives in Tempe and the drive to Maricopa takes an hour - FALSE. 30-40 minutes.

I hope Bristol enjoys her new home and is allowed her privacy. I do not support Sarah politically, but I have nothing against the Palins - and again, I welcome Bristol to our city.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8