Teena Marie Death -- No Illegal Drugs Found

12/27/2010 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

No illegal drugs were found at the home where singer Teena Marie's body was discovered yesterday ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Teena Marie Dead
We're told officials searched Teena's home in Pasadena , CA -- but only found some herbal medication -- and we're not talking marijuana.

We're told an autopsy and toxicology tests will be performed on her body later this week -- but so far, officials are leaning towards the theory that she died of natural causes.

As we previously reported, Teena -- once considered Rick James' protégée -- suffered a grand mal seizure just one month ago.

1227_remembering_teena_marie_footer

JAY

At #s 11 and 14, some people really loved Teena Marie and are very heartbroken about her death and our loss. If you can't say anything nice, please go be miserable somewhere else. It's called human decency.

justice

RIP Teena Marie you will be missed
she made me cry all last night when the news broke. I'm still in shock.

sherry richardson

Our soulful sister Teena Marie thank you for all the hit records that you made because every song that you touched turned to GOLD and all those songs will live in our hearts forever. We will truly miss your soulful voice and May You Rest In Peace. We Love you in Life and in Death. To the Family our deepest Condolences Teena Marie will truly be missed.

Room Service

I loved Ike and Tenna ....

jus-sayin

Teena Marie, RIP, my prayers to her family and friends.

Pyrrho

Why does it feel like TMZ is trying to imply that Teena died of anything other than natural causes?

Samantha

It's called EPILEPSY- maybe you've heard of that.People can die in thier sleep from a condition called Sudep. I have Epilepsy. One out of every 100 people have Epilepsy.
The same ammount of people die from Epilepsy every year as do from BREAST Cancer!!
www.Sudepaware.com to learn more about sudden death in Epilepsy.

RIP Teena Marie. I also have Epilepsy. I will not let you be forgotten.

Lady Charm1

My condolences to Teena Marie's family, closest friends, and fans. She will forever be missed. I was a big fan of her music before witnessing her in concert with Rick James in L.A. in the early 80's. From that point on, she moved me even more as I recognized her sheer passion for her work that epitomized only a natural talent that one cherishes and respects. I love you Teena Maria! Rest in Peace!

Sammy

Like most Americans she died early due to heart failure from being FAT, turn off the computer and take your fat azz for a 5 mile walk...your country is the joke of the world...video of 300 pound people in line for more free food for christmas...just gross, hope they nuke the USA soon

Posted at 9:38 AM on Dec 27, 2010 by Itchy_Balls
________________________________________________________

Go eff yourself. Where do YOU live, I'm sure YOUR county is "the joke of the world". If you hate the USA so much, why are you on an American blog you POS?

You have NO IDEA why Teena Marie died so shut your trap about fat Americans you jackhole.

wow

To all the demons that posted horrible things about another human being, u need to go climb under a rock! Teena Marie's music was true LOVE. She was under-rated! A voice that would melt ur heart. U will be MISSED " LADY T "...I hope she had her life right with the Lord. If she did, she is in a much better place!

mike

Really sad to see all the negative comments about Lady T. And also sad to see tmz allude to drugs being involved. True R&B fans knows the legacy of Teena Marie so all the hate is just a self reflection of those who write it. I suppose God calls his angels home when he seems fit to do so. I have her albums, cd's and memories of her concerts which is something the haters only wish they had knowledge. RIP Lady T.

DIANE

teena was a wounderful singer we well never forget you lady T and you music will live on forever R.I.P

Patricia

There are no words to say... but you will be Missed buy many!!! May God bless her family!!!! R.I.P Ms.T

Lady Charm1

My condolences to Teena Marie's family, closest friends and fans. I saw her in concert in L.A. after my freshmen year of college as a loner fan. I knew her music well but she moved me more once witnessing her in person in concert. She blew her vocals only in a way that epitomized talent and held her own. She was an exceptional artist that I will forever miss. Her music will live on forever. I love you Teena Marie. Rest in Peace!

Deborah Gallardo

Teena Marie you were my favorite singer for many decades, I grew up on your music, I too am in shock and have cried since i heard the news. You will be missed, but never forgotton, and may you rest in peace with our Lord, for another beautiful angel has gone home, we love and will miss you.......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments