Teena Marie Death -- No Illegal Drugs Found

12/27/2010 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

No illegal drugs were found at the home where singer Teena Marie's body was discovered yesterday ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Teena Marie Dead
We're told officials searched Teena's home in Pasadena , CA -- but only found some herbal medication -- and we're not talking marijuana.

We're told an autopsy and toxicology tests will be performed on her body later this week -- but so far, officials are leaning towards the theory that she died of natural causes.

As we previously reported, Teena -- once considered Rick James' protégée -- suffered a grand mal seizure just one month ago.

1227_remembering_teena_marie_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Jay

I was 19 years old when her hit song, "Lover-Girl" came out. I will never forget her, nor will the entire world!! Rest in peace, Teena, and may God bless you!!! May the Holy Angels escort you to heaven!!! Lots of love!---Jay Butala

Lynn Lavigne

we are going to miss u sweet queen R.I.P

Ettice Patton

What a voice! The lady could sing and we could understand each word. TV ONE had her bio on a few months back. Teena, we thank you for your music. Prayers go's out to her daughter and family.

Tee

H.R. Hudson

To those who feel the need to post hateful comments: If you could listen to Teena Marie's music and not feel any emotion, you need a heart transplant! Teena had a voice that could melt steel. Mary J. Blige and Alicia keys are paying tribute to the Ivory Queen of Soul!! Lady Gaga, Mariah & Whitney will never hold a candle to Teena Marie!!

tgarland84

@Itchy_Balls sounds to me that you need to go to the doctors and get your nasty, itchy ass balls checked, my suggestion for you, stop raping little boys and maybe your balls won't itch so much. #2, Teena was never FAT, and it clearly states that it may be related to her seizer, she may have had aneurism in her sleep, who knows? they hadn't even confirmed the cause of death yet, so what in the hell are you talking about? if anyone needs to get their fat ass off the computer it's you!your throwing stones in a glass house dumb ass...respect the dead, and maybe if your lucky your sorry ass won't die in your sleep like she did...

keeva

Teena marie the r&b ivory queen will be truly missed but her life and music will live on forever she has touched apart of everybodys but her spirit and music will live on forever.
may god bless all of her loved ones.

virginia

so hurt for the lost of teena marie she was a legend and a beautiful woman loved her music and my family is a great big fan of hers love u teena and you will be truly missed to all you haters get a life yet people like u so miserable with your lifes nothing better to do than to put her down but it seems like you people are the lowest if you never heard teena music than where were u at in life love u teena condolenses to her daughter friends and family also fans ive been crying for days but your in a better place singing away in heaven

LInda Davis

Lady T, you are an example of the great die young. Valentine's Day at the House of Blues will neer be Valentine's again. I believe you reached the exact amount of success you wanted as many entertainers do. Your talent was good enough,the lifestyle if you go all the way, sucks a lot. I'd like to believe she was right where she wanted to be. I will forever pray for her beautiful daughter, for peace and contentment. I can't imagine how life is for her right now, it is hard to lose your Mommy but when they are a star and is all over, I can't imagine how hard it is. I hope she realizes that all her Mom's fans love her and are with her if in heart only. God is really getting to enjoy the incredible voice he made. Teena you are now and will always be my favorite.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5