Teena Marie Autopsy Complete

12/29/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Coroner's Office has completed the autopsy on singer Teena Marie ... TMZ has learned.

1229_teen_marie_EX_Getty_01
We're told officials found no signs of trauma. Further testing and toxicology reports are still incomplete.

As TMZ previously reported, the singer died Sunday during a nap. No illegal drugs were found at her home.

1227_remembering_teena_marie_footer

charles

i don't understand how her autopsy only took a couple days but mj's autopsy took weeks...

moonshake

Maybe doing coke back in the 80s has something to do with it? It can lead to heart failure years later. I mean her past connection to Rick James alone says there's more to this than "natural causes"

Cali Arreguin

My Lady T will forever live through her heartfelt music. She is a part of my every day life. When I’m happy, she is there to sing with me. When I’m down, she is right there to lift me up. She was my Angel in disguise here on Earth but God blessed her with wings to fly back Home so that she may never grow old and always stay beautiful in his eternal loving Kingdom. My Teena..I know you’ll be giving the Heavens the biggest performance ever and gracing Our Lord and Angels with your soulful music. I can’t wait to get there and join the party! I love you mamas!

Angie

What TMZ know about the songbird Lady T. She goes way back Ohh Laa half of TMZ staff probably never heard her music which will live on R.I.P Lady love ur music I still jam to her songs.

Queen Karma

Thanks #1 weed.
Sad, very sad.
She tried herbal meds, (fruits and vegeatables) and went cold turkey off some heavy prescibed meds which she needed,and the end result. She had a serious illness, just started having grand mal seizures, and was prescribed meds for that. No doctor would tell someone with that, take or prescribe a vitamin or Tylenol. LOL!!!

Opposite side,some meds clash with others. Prescibed meds ,you need to know if over0-the-counter ones can be taken too. Helped shorten y dad's life. He was taking aspirin with Plavnext,Coumodin. (Sorry for mispellings)

I was a fan way back from 1980's.I am 46 yrs.old.
So sad for her 19 yr,old daughter and 86yr.old mom.

DLiver420

I think her neck ate her head while she was sleeping.

NDNchief

I always thought her music was good. Even bought her La Dona album. Im young-ish so I only know her hits from back in the day, as far as her numerous albums go. Im sure older people are reeling from her death.

M@rk

TM, my all time favorite artist.
Her Motown albums were the best she ever made.
RIP Teen Marie.

LADI DI

TINA TINA TINA, UR THE BEST THAT I NO OF I SAW U IN THE 80S W/LTUHER VAN DROSS,CINN. JAZZ FESTIVAL! I AMONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.SEE YOU LATER SISTER!!

rise

How stupid do you sound "moonshake" your name says it all! How in the h-- could Rick James have anything to do with this woman having a seizure you shouldn't even be allowed to communicate with humans IDIOT!!!!!! Sounds like your a bit prejudice too!!!

rise

DLiver420, your immature comment shows a bit about how sad it must be living as YOU! Try DIDIOT for the New Year. From the stupid a-- remarks you make,Your head and neck must have been pretty large too because whereever you were delivered from must have had troubles resulting in your retardation!!!

kinerethblue

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The seizure medication made her feel suicidal. That's why she stopped taking it. I'd take my chances with herbal medicines if the pharma drugs were causing me to have serious adverse effects...RIP Teena Marie...

Michael A. Daye

Rest in peace, Lady T. Your songs back in the day were the bomb! I am 46 years old and I still remember those great hits like it was yesterday! May you rest in the arms of Jesus all the days of your infinite life with Him!

vroane757

She was a different breed of white chick, a white chick wit lots of soul in her!! Pretty voice, so pretty!! Gonna miss that voice....

jackie

Comment #12. Please dont reply to the ignorance. Believe it or not you are giving that fool who is hiding behind the internet just what he/she wants. You and I both know the truth about Lady T. Certain folks have always been jealous of her staying truth to real soul music.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments